Look of LR4 2009+ for LR3 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hazee

Reaction score
Can we change the exterior look of LR3 to the new LR4? .. mainly the LED headlights.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not without changing the front fender wings and re-wiring the headlights.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is possible but you need a lot of parts and $$

Both fenders, grill, front bumper, and headlights.

If you have the adaptive HID's, you'll need to do a bit of wiring and disable the adaptive feature using a faultmate or other computer system.

Check out disco3.co .uk - several guys have done it over there

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of the LED lights on the LR4, I think they look ghetto, I like the crisper look of the single xenon light iris thats on the LR3 now.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the grill with an aftermarket LR4 look alike grill. I got a lot of compliments. I can't upload a pic to this forum to save my life. But I will gladly email u one. It was like $160.00 and $15.00 for the Land Rover logo.

Attachments

• yhst-5006790027353_2193_130803766.jpg
    yhst-5006790027353_2193_130803766.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the exterior look of the LR3 in its entirety. I wouldn't change a single bit....as for the interior, the LR4 is way nicer and I'm jealous of the extra horsepower.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the exterior look of the LR3 in its entirety. I wouldn't change a single bit....as for the interior, the LR4 is way nicer and I'm jealous of the extra horsepower.

I tell you the honest truth. After I drove the LR4 with the extra HP, I couldn't take the LR3. Those extra 75 ponnies make a hell of a difference. the other thing is that the LR4 is not as "plastic" in the interior as the LR3. Many of the "noises" that I had on my LR3 I am convinced that it was due to the materials used. But the big improvement is the Bluetooth and handsfree on the 2010 compared to the 2008. Besides the grill and the lights, which I am still leaing towards the 2008 tail lights better than the new ones, is a cool looking vehicle, no matter which year you ar elooking at (but I am very bias).

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I covet the ponies...but that's on-road, right? Off-road, in Low-range with everything happening at <10 mph, it probably doesn't matter a bit as my LR3 has never lacked for power. So at least I can rationalize it that way!

My interior is really quiet. I'm not sure what influences that...maybe if you live in a climate where there are greater temperature extremes and the plastic has expanded and contracted several dozen times it gets worse...? ...but mine is good. I have the woodgrain crap over the top, too. I was not all that happy with the lack of integration with that "upgrade" but it looks pretty decent with a black interior.

All in all, the main thing is that I have the TITLE of my LR3 (meaning it's paid for) and anymore I only put about 5k miles a year on it and I have it built just the way I like it.

I just have remind myself (when I see 'em on the road) that my LR3 would eat most LR4s for breakfast. :)

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you'll be coveting those ponies when you have to carbon clean your forced injection engine every 10k miles or so... I was actually thinking of doing that chrome LR4 grill on my truck as well, do you have a picture? just use imageshack.us to host it

AZ LR3

Reaction score
I don't know if you'll be coveting those ponies when you have to carbon clean your forced injection engine every 10k miles or so... I was actually thinking of doing that chrome LR4 grill on my truck as well, do you have a picture? just use imageshack.us to host it

Sonies, what's the evidence that they're going to have to carbon clean their forced injection engine every 10k miles or so? What are the symptoms of the problem and what does it cost?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis