Looking to buy 2005 LR3 SE with 139k miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrover

Reaction score
Greetings, I've been shopping for a LR3 and recently came across an extra clean 2005 LR3 SE with over 139k miles at a dealer. It looks brand new inside & out, it was cared for very well, the carfax records show all dealer maintenence entries up to 129k miles. My question is with this many miles would I just be getting into more maintenence than a LR3 with only 60,000-70,000 miles. I understand all vehicles need maintenence and I have researched the forums for some time now and have read about the common failures and maintenence issues with LR3s. The only reason I'm even considering this LR3, is it's the color combination, looks brand new and the next closest LR3 to look at is 100-200 miles away, but they would only have less than 70k miles on them, for an extra $7500.

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all the maintenance has been done and have the records, and you are aware of all the possible problems and have the will to preemptively fix 'em or can bear the cost of ownership at this point, then go for it. I bet you are getting a sweet deal. Good luck!

PhyrraM

Reaction score
I agree, if it's been cared for the only major gotchas to look at specifically would be to see when/if the control arm bushings were done and see how old the air compressor for the suspension is. (they both seem to be 70-100K items - sometimes sooner)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know man that's a hulluva lot of miles...

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably already had a lot of work done...70-100k is when most need the most work done IMO.

Ramrover

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Guys, there's no turning back now cause that White LR3 sure looks sweet parked in my drive way. I went in to buy unless I could find something wrong, but all I could find was the steering wheel audio controls do not work and the drivers seat heater doesn't get warm. I didn't think either of these were show stoppers. It seriously looks brand new inside & out. All maintenance is up to date and has been serviced at Land Rover of Nashville, Brentwood, TN. The dealer also had put on a new set Toyo Open Country HT tires (255/60R18) and full set of rubber floor mats, even the big one in the back and when I got home I found there was a brand new set of 4 Land Rover carpet floor mats in the back. Seems like a great deal for $11.5K, but time will tell. Can't wait to get it dirty!

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. With that price you really can't go wrong and will appreciate the car and love it every day :)

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
I'm here in Nashville and bought my '05 from Chad and the guys at the dealership. They are phenomenal. If they've been taking care of it you've got nothing to worry about the work that's been done.
They always shoot straight on what needs to be done vs what could be done...doesn't always make it cheaper unfortunately but at least I know they aren't always trying to go for the highest dollar.
Enjoy!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM