Looking to buy a 03' Disco. Advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

Im currently looking to buy a 03' Dicovery SE with 103XXX and NO warranty, from a used car dealer. Asking price is $6950.00, but Im going to try and get him down to $5000.00.

Just wondering what input and advice anyone might have for me.

What I do know:(after a 20 min look over on my way home from work)
1. No check engine
2.Three Amigos not there
3.Good idle, at about 750 to 800
4. Ive heard alot about the oil pump being a major issue. Is there anyway I can PRACTICALLY check for this at the dealer? At 103XXX, it would seem that it is out of the "red zone"?

I plan on making this my new daily driver, and dont need to get myself into a mess of problems and repairs, so ANY insight would be greatly appreciated.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow people, dont overload me with info here! Im an infantry Marine.... My brain doesnt work that fast ;)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry wasn't on yesterday...

Call the local LR Dealer and have the vin ran to see if the oil pump has been replaced.

Sounds like a good price either way. Check tires and brakes / rotors.

At that many miles, I would also look at replacing the shocks or have them do so.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries Joey, I know you have more to do in life then answer everyones questions on these forums. lol.

Ive just decided that its probably not the best thing to do. I did a TON of research yesterday and last night, and I just dont wanna risk it. Ill just keep looking for an 04 like I originally was doing. Besides... No CDL?! Ive always told ppl to stay away from 03's becasue of that.

Thanks again Joey

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would agree 100%, if I do ever upgrade to a D2 it will be an 04, for basically the same reasons, that and I like the last year of a vehicle line up since it tends to mean they finally got it right.

When I do that my 97 will be off road use only :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635