Looks like it's back to the dealership...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's something under the driver's seat that's clicking. The service guy tells me that there's something lose under there and he wants half a day to deal with it.

Too bad I like over 100 miles from the dealer. Oh well, looks like I get to spend Thursday in Portland.

Sandalwood

Reaction score
I had a clicking noise in a similar location that stopped when I opened the nav system DVD drive (under the drivers seat) and then closed it again.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a clicking noise in a similar location that stopped when I opened the nav system DVD drive (under the drivers seat) and then closed it again.

Did it prevent the seat, mirrors and steering wheel not work while it was clicking? For me, when it's clicking nothing responds.

Oh, and I just got in the truck after letting it sit there for an hour or so and it stopped. But the car doesn't move back into position when the key is put in the ignition.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my car seems to have started working again... I need to call them and find out if they still want to see it.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Well the car hadn't been doing anything odd but I still took it into the dealer. They still took it and looked it over. The tech found that the factory had improperly installed a wiring harness under the seat. All is well, all has been fixed. I'm really impressed that the dealer actually did something even though the symptom wasn't present. I can't tell you how many times (with other companies) I've taken a car in and the report I get back is that they cannot replicate the behavior and that there's nothing they can fix.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink