Loss of all radio control!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this AM I start the truck and shortly after go to tune the stereo. Nothing happens. Its stuck on the station I left it on, at the volume I left it on. Anyone ever experienced this and what's the fix?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's odd. Have you checked the fuses? I believe there are atleast two for the radio. Also, have you tried a hard reset? To do this - disconnect the battery cometely and connect (jumper cables work well) the positive & negative cables to eachother for a few min. This procedure was relayed to me by my service advisor at LR.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So three cycles of the ignition switch and **** the problem's gone. Ghosts in the machine I guess. Anyone else ever experience this?

Wickham

Reaction score
Radio Shut Down 06 LR3 SE

This has happened to me twice, spaced out by 6 or so months. I thought I had blown my radio last time- because I do play it to the higher limits. Two shut downs and all cleared up!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, I haven't had that happen per se, but a few times I've had the volume controls affecting the channel selection and stuff like that...and it just sort of went away by itself. Probably has to do with temperature change affecting voltage/current...?

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that issue twice and the dealer had to replace the unit both times. Luckily it was under warranty and strangely it happened within 6 months of each other.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey - idea

One idea - do you have an HSE with the rear seat audio controls in the doors / 3rd row cargo area?

I am wondering if your rear seat audio controls got mucked up, have a stuck button. Might be worth a check.

Ben

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's happened to me on a few occasions. Someone told me that sometimes, when you start the LR, which is an electrical juggernaut, something is missed or messes with the radio as all computer fires up all the electrical components on the truck. That you should just turn off the car..wait a few seconds and fire it up again and it should work. In my case, this was my remedy. Mind you, that was before I replaced my radio which I recently did.. no issues so far..

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99