loud noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rudasi13

Reaction score
08 LR3, loud noise when accelarator is pressed. Also feels like a delayed response from when gas petal is pressed. Has anyone experienced this. Still under warranty barely, but want to get an idea of what it is.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Transmission needs the software update performed by the Dealer. If you are getting a loud clunk or bang after accelerating from a stop sign, then this may be the case. If you come to a COMPLETE stop, then you may or may not experience the bang. Most people pull a "Hollywood stop" and slowly "roll" to a stop and never actually stop moving. Once you get back on the accelerator, you'll notice a delay, then a "bang" when the drivetrain re-engages. Software flash. No big deal. Dealer only service. Check out the other thread which just popped up regarding this same issue from a poster in '07.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where's the loud sound come from? i get a loud sound out of the front right side of the vehicle ever since they did a "software update" on the transmission.. was quoted by the dealer its the sound of the "purge fuel injector" its a loud pinging sound like in the old days when you experienced fuel injector ping, but much more throaty

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh....how can you guys seriously be advising this OP without him/her describing the sound? It could be anything...forive me, I've had a few beers tonight. But...?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good one...ha ha hah ah. That's some funny ****.

rudasi13

Reaction score
The sound was like it's stuck in a lower gear and it doesn't have the power to get up and go. There was no banging, just sounded like the engine was reving up. I can't get the issue to recreate either. I bringing it to the dealership on saturday. Curious to see what there gonna say.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that happen. ...it just does that. I think it's normal. I've never figured out what it is.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was your fan clutch engaging/ staying engaged. Mine has done it a couple of times too. Basically you get a whooshing roar in low gears and loss of power. My guess it that it is working as designed but if it seems to be happening frequently for extended periods, you may need a new fan assembly. If it comes to that on mine I will explore converting to an electric kit.

Madisonlogan

Reaction score
So i think by now you must have handled the issue is it all good to work now or are you still facing issues when you use your accelerator .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM