Low Access Mode Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmag24

Reaction score
Guys,

Is it possible to keep the 2013 Lr4 in lower access mode, beyond the 30-35 mph threshold, after which it adjust to normal height. Just curious if you can keep the car "dumped"/lowered. I kinda love the look....;)

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Is it possible to keep the 2013 Lr4 in lower access mode, beyond the 30-35 mph threshold, after which it adjust to normal height. Just curious if you can keep the car "dumped"/lowered. I kinda love the look....;)

Negative . . .plus, if you take a close look at the vehicle in access mode, the wheels point inwards from the top, and that would give you all sorts of wacky tread wear and handling at high speed.

gmag24

Reaction score
Good point. I actually just noticed that. Good call there....

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Use longer than stock sensor arms then get an alignment. No different than a lift.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever hit a pothole, a patch of broken pavement or a bump with your car locked in access height (which allows you to travel up to 20mph before rising up to normal)? Not fun, there is almost no suspensions travel left and your dentures will hate you for it. I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis. If you must, lower it by no more than 20mm or so using a rods mod or an electronic hack such as IIDTool or Llams. And get an alignment if the lowrider setup will be permanent. AFAIK, the only gizmo that allows you to change height on-the-fly is the Llams module, though. Search this forum for more info on it. The stock EAS programs and speed limits cannot be modified.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I am in access height on the stock controller and in lowest height on my LLAMS, I am on tthe bumpstops of the suspension. It feels like I'm a bobble head with all the bouncing and rocking when I hit a small bump mush less a pothole. Not recommended. I only use it when the wife is trying to get into the truck as she is almost 5 feet tall.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't understand why you would want to lower it at all, even for highway use. I don't buy that its more stable or aerodynamically better. Plus, unless you are getting your alignment done at the lowered position, you are just asking to wear through tires unevenly.

Just leave it alone. Raise it full time if you need to for tires (be be aware of EAS failure and being able to move the car on the bump stops). Raise it however you want for short term off road use.

A lot of people get into this rut (myself included in the past) where you take mods too far. Many times more than not, stock is better. Just leave it alone.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or trade your LR4 in for a Ford Flex. We parked next to one yesterday and it looks like a lowered LR4. I agree, the ride quality is miserable in access mode, and we only use it to get the LR4 in the garage when a roof box is on top.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM