LR Accessories DIY installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rirover

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has self installed the A-frame protector, rear light guards, or wired the LR trailer hitch?

If the hitch is not a simple wiring harness, I will leave it to the dealer, the other items look to be simple bolt ons.

Dan

dbregman

Reaction score
The hitch wiring takes about :30-1:00. Not a big deal. The dealer wants a ransom for it. One hint - the last step is to plus the wiring harness into an exsisting plug in the left rear storage area. You need to remove a cover on the plug before the harness will connect. It took me :15 of cursing to figure that one out!
Good Luck,
-d

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The A-bar may be more involved, but the light guards and harness are pretty easy. Keep in mind, there are usually independent service garages that can do this stuff at a fraction of the dealer cost.

What part of the world do you call home?

You might consider joining a local Land Rover enthusiasts club as well.

Cheers,

NW

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my own brush bar, but the A-bar is definately more involved especially
if you have parking sensors.

rirover

Reaction score
Thanks all for the information-

Is the truck prewired at all for the hitch, or do you have to run the wiring up to the front of the truck?

I do not have the front sensors actually, so I was hoping the A-frame protector would bolt up to exisitng holes???

Nwoods - I live in NY and RI (and VT somtimes too) we put a lot of miles on our cars!

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in RI-fyi
I have installed the A-frame protection bar. It really isn't that bad-you just have to be careful and slow pulling things apart. You will literally need to pull the entire bumper, grill and light assembly off as well as the two front wheel arches. There are existing holes in the front portion of the frame, behind the bumper cover. The trick is to accurately spot/drill clearance holes in the plastic bumper cover to mount the hardware to the frame.

rirover

Reaction score
Franklin-

Where about in RI. I am down on Westerly.

Wow, all that has to come off. I am not scared of the work, I just dont want it to look cobbed when I am done. How hard is it to get everything realigned when your done? When you said the lights have to come off, were you refering to the headlamps or the fog lamps? or both?

Thanks for the reply
Dan

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Rumford-opposite end of the state. The car is like one big plastic model kit-mine went back together without a problem. Each headlight assy slides out once unplugged. Good tip is to raise the suspension. What they do not explain in the directions are the screws inside the front wheel well that have to come out. You'll have to remove the front fender arches to get at all the hardware. When I removed the bumper cover, I was able to let it tip forward to rest on a low table with connections, foglamps and hoses still attached. As I said, the tricky part is sighting the clearence holes in the bumper cover to line up with the mounting holes underneath in the subframe. Have planty of soft rags and towels around to rest all the painted parts and headlights on.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also-if you have any other questions, feel free to private email-we can get on the phone-

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4