LR3 90k dealer visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 5/60k would be tacked onto my current mileage... you still think 4700 is alot?

im also out of warranty as of now so the Ford ESP that sounds good I cannot get..

No, I think that sounds reasonable, $900/year.

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, considering i just spent 1700 for airbag issues last week...

Do you or anyone else know how reliable the Continental Warranty Ultracare package is?

The dealer is reccomending that and sells it, so I would assume its ok and have been doing tons of research... but i'd rather hear someones oppinion on here or who's had expereience with them...?

No, I think that sounds reasonable, $900/year.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd look it over very closely and confirm with them exactly what it covers and til when, dates, total miles etc...
From my experience the dealers wanted nearly that much for an extra 2 years of coverage and you had to get it before the mfgr warranty expired.
I have no experience with Continental, heck I don't have experience with my Ford ESP yet, my truck just won't break....

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd look it over very closely and confirm with them exactly what it covers and til when, dates, total miles etc...
From my experience the dealers wanted nearly that much for an extra 2 years of coverage and you had to get it before the mfgr warranty expired.
I have no experience with Continental, heck I don't have experience with my Ford ESP yet, my truck just won't break....

yeah def gonna sit down with them and go over the **** thats actually gonna be covered... thanks for ure input

RumRunnr

Reaction score
I'm curious about re-packing the wheel bearings. My front driver's side wheel bearing went out on my 2005 LR3 at 69K miles and cost $600.00 to replace. I asked my service tech if I could have the other 3 re-packed and he said that on these vehicles they are sealed and can not be re-packed. Sounds like he's wrong? I may have to get a second opinion.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped off the Rover today, the 90k service is $705.00 includes oil change, brake fluid change, lube wheel centers, transfer case fluid change, spark plugs, air and cabin filter as well as coolant flush

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission is "sealed" for life too.I wonder,will it be short or even shorter...hmmm

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealership. All these items are going to be replaced under warranty.

Power steering pump again after 1 year
Coolant tank
Washer fluid tank
Tie rod
Control arm bushings

The dealer was ******** that i put in an aftermarket battery and removed part of the bracket that secures it...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4