LR3 audio inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
We'll guys I installed the Kinivo BTC450 but only got sound out of front right speakers(passenger side front).
When I have iPod connected directly to aux cable I have speakers all around.
Any ideas? Frustrating!

Tripp2112

Reaction score
I installed the BTC450 today and I cannot get sound in all speakers. Only front right.
When I connect aux 3.5 directly to iPod I have sound all around.
Thoughts? Solutions?

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll guys I installed the Kinivo BTC450 but only got sound out of front right speakers(passenger side front).
When I have iPod connected directly to aux cable I have speakers all around.
Any ideas? Frustrating!

This bums me out Tripp, since I gave it such a hearty recommendation. I just went out and double-checked mine. It was working fine to stream music from iP5 via BT. I checked my audio settings and panned the balance control from L to R w/no problem.

I then unplugged the 3.5mm plug while it was playing. When I reinserted it partway, I only got scratchy audio from the R channel. Pushing it all the way in got me back to full audio quality in all channels. Hate to sound insulting so I won't ask you to make sure you pushed the plug all the way in, but maybe the unit shipped with a defective plug? Maybe try the Kinivo with another speaker system that interfaces via 3.5mm plug. Will try to think of other ideas...

Tripp2112

Reaction score
No insult taken. I had it seated all the way. Both the plug and the 3.5.
I have emailed support at Kinivo to see what they have to say.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
Update:
Cperez it appears that I needed an insult.
I did a 2nd attempt to hook up today and it works fine. I did manipulate the plug a bit to get it to engage fully. The other aux cord I have has no problem but the one with the Kinivo needs some help. Why? Don't know but it is going to work out fine.
Thanks

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
Cperez it appears that I needed an insult.

Haha, good man! And for the record, I did say that I hated doing it...:biggrin:

Glad it all got worked out and you'll soon be enjoying phone calls, streaming music, Google Maps turn-by-turn directions, etc. --Chris

PS: I think this was just a subconscious ploy to extend it from a 1-beer job to something next level...

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine installed just fine. Works great.

Needed to use the included 1/8" extension to get the button/receiver where I wanted it.

Will take some pictures tonight.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with volume? Yesterday I had to turn the radio up all the way to hear a phone call. I have all the volumes on the phone up.....

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with volume? Yesterday I had to turn the radio up all the way to hear a phone call. I have all the volumes on the phone up.....

This is me, NOT asking you if you pushed the 3.5mm plug firmly into the AUX port. :biggrin:

I usually have to make a minor adjustment to my volume when making/taking calls via the Kinivo. Usually it's to turn it up a bit. I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it so I guess it has become natural. I can say that I have not had any complaints about the volume level once it is adjusted. Even with road noise I can make phone calls plenty loud through this device. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo