LR3 audio inquiry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, yes, it is pushed all the way in... I've always had this issue with the aux input on this vehicle.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
I did notice immediately that I had to adjust volume up for this system.
I am using mine only for streaming music through an iPod touch. I have my iPhone hooked directly to the bluetooth in the car. it juggles back and forth just fine.
so far so good.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my iPhone hooked directly to the bluetooth in the car. it juggles back and forth just fine.
so far so good.

So you can be listening to BT music from your Touch and when a call comes in it automagically mutes the AUX port and the phone's BT connection takes over....then when the call is finished the music resumes?

That is the setup I would like to have. Currently I listen to some music from a decommissioned old iPhone plugged into the proprietary port in the center console of the LR4. But most of my music I get from my iPhone 5 via Spotify. Spotify requires an online connection. This means my phone or the audio inputs on the LR need to be toggled occasionally for this setup to work.

Maybe I should look into setting the old iPhone up w/Spotify and then enable offline listening for all of my playlists...hmmm.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
Chris,
Yes mine is working that way. Didn't plan on it or do anything special to get it, but it works.
However if I want to stream from Pandora I will have to use phone connection as iPod touch has to have a wifi. Not connected to phone plan.
So I am using only my music library so it is limited in that aspect.
I will pay more attention to whether or not I am having to push the Kinivo button to resume music and report back. I think once it stops the music for the phone call it is paused.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will have to tap the button to resume music play. When I first got the Kinivo I thought I would be able to have dual BT connections from the iPhone-- one to the Kinivo for music, the other to the onboard LR BT. But further research revealed that iOS only supports a single BT connection at a time. Anyway, during that initial testing phase I encountered the same thing you described...

I will probably stand pat with current config since I have gotten used to it. I like to jump in and out of playlists while I'm driving so this setup is working pretty well for me with minimal intervention when it's time to make or take a call.

Tripp2112

Reaction score
Hey guys just to follow up on my comment about the toggling between Bluetooth in LR and the Bluetooth for Kinivo and iPod touch, the music does resume play on its own after hanging up.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just to follow up on my comment about the toggling between Bluetooth in LR and the Bluetooth for Kinivo and iPod touch, the music does resume play on its own after hanging up.

That confirms my experience. If you have the Touch connected to the Kinivo and the phone connected via BT to the LR, no problem. I ran into trouble when I had my iphone connected to both the Kinivo and onboard LR BT. If I play music under this setup and a call comes in, the call takes over the audio. But at the end of the call, it breaks the music connection and takes some fiddling to restore.

This is why I now use the Kinivo connection for music and phone and have stopped using onboard LR BT. A minor workaround. Glad you seem to be enjoying the new setup!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo