LR3 Bluetooth Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this very odd and even tested with a different LR3 but same result.

Radio's turned off and there is no music on in my car. Let's say I want to make a call using Bluetooth. Press green button phone button on the steering wheel and start dialing. Phone conversation's over and I hang up. Guess what's on. Radio remains on! I have to turn it off using main radio power button.

I mean, is it normal? It starts with no music but how come it ends up music on when phone conversation is over?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 'as designed.' The PTI system works as part of the radio, hence the need for it to be on while speaking. There is no logic to determine if you want it off or on after a call is completed.

Last edited:

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, glad it's not just my car but I can't stop wondering why they designed it to work that way. I would think that when music was off before you start phone conversation, it should remain off after the phone conversation is over.

Last edited:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many less than optimal 'infotainment' design issues. It's not their strong-point.

More annoying:

I'm often on calls while walking to my car. If I unlock my door too early, and don't start the car or manually turn the radio on in time... my cell phone conversation will transfer to the car automatiaclly and my call will be in limbo temporarily until I turn on the radio or car. It's even more annoying if I just need to get something out of the back. :) Oh, well. I can tell my phone to drop the BT connection. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635