LR3 BMS Reset for Battery AGM Charging

Have you had dead batteries or charging issues?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably lasts because your very diligent about the charging. That seems to help especially when you do short trips like what I take typically 3mi trips 2-3 times a day. I was thinking about buying a LiFePO4 type battery because they charge faster, I think they can take up to 20Amps charging current which would probably work better in my car application basically double my alternator charging efficiency, lead acid batteries including AGM just take longer to charge and typically don't take more than 10Amps so 10hrs min to fully charge roughly.

I’ve been running an Odyssey AGM for the past two years without any problem at all. Interstate batteries never seemed to last. I have a short commute and I think it’s important to use a charger every other weekend to keep things topped up. I use a CTEK MXS 5.0.

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you pull the battery to charge or leave it in the vehicle?

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave in.
I wired a pigtail Charger Connector so it's as easy as opening hood and plugging in.
Did that for both my cars.
I have toyed with the idea of extending it to the grille so I can be even more lazy.
But wiring it requires some effort. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72