LR3 freaking out when turn off!! lights, a/c and door locks blink on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wyrover

Reaction score
So you are saying that you did not have to purchase a brand new one, but just got a similar junk yard display and then were able to put your 3's software back in - as in overwrite whatever was in the old one. What year is your 3? Mine is 2005 and I thought the chips on the instrument panel were not EPROMs - well once only.

I did not think that could be done - I am impressed. I am learning something I did not know.
Mine is a 07'. I purchased a used cluster off eBay and then used my IIDTool to re-flash the cluster to work with my vehicle. The only thing is you need to find a cluster that has lower miles than your current one as the mileage can only be increased and not decreased. I purchased the re-flash firmware from Gap Diagnostics.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 07'. I purchased a used cluster off eBay and then used my IIDTool to re-flash the cluster to work with my vehicle. The only thing is you need to find a cluster that has lower miles than your current one as the mileage can only be increased and not decreased. I purchased the re-flash firmware from Gap Diagnostics.
Lower mileage, that is the secret - much appreciated. It makes sense of course, and important to know.

I much appreciate knowing this. One other "trick" I might mention is that sometimes, the connector going into the rear of the cluster loosens - appears tight but just needs removal and then being reinserted and with luck, all is good. That is if you are lucky, so I much appreciate the infromation that a used cluster can be reprogrammed.

wyrover

Reaction score
Lower mileage, that is the secret - much appreciated. It makes sense of course, and important to know.

I much appreciate knowing this. One other "trick" I might mention is that sometimes, the connector going into the rear of the cluster loosens - appears tight but just needs removal and then being reinserted and with luck, all is good. That is if you are lucky, so I much appreciate the infromation that a used cluster can be reprogrammed.
I tried that first hoping that would fix it but no such luck. I also checked the bulbs, replaced the brake light switch and a new battery which needed to be replaced anyway but it ended up being the instrument cluster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink