LR3 hitch problem fixed... forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GuyE

Reaction score
hi my name is Guy and im currently in VA. i have an 06 lr3 and needed to make it tow-ready. i, like most others searched far and wide for a different option than the $400 part. i finally took matters into my own hands and "fixed it where no one could fix it" like my dad says. pics to follow, but a brief synopsis: i went to harbor freight and bought a $20 2" receiver took it to a local welding shop with my bumper off and explained what i wanted for them to do, and then let the reigns loose. away they cut, and soon welded in the 2" reciever to near factory standards. i can easily put a hitch pin in, and the plastic cover still does its job. the only down fall with my disco's johnson rods lift now require a 10" drop hitch to trailer but its all good ground clearance was the driving force behind permanent install. let me know what you think.

Big_Mark

Reaction score
Nothing like custom fabrication, the only downside I see is re-sale value. You've just cut up part of your Disco. Sure it's for the better, but it may turn off a future potential buyer.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped less than $180 for a Curt aftermarket receiver hitch, installed, and I couldn't be more pleased...

It looks wicked and it works well...