LR3 hood letters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prodriguezsas

Reaction score
I just bought a used 2005 LR3, and for the life of me, can't find a RECENT thread that has a valid link or source for buying the "Land Rover" letters on the hood!

Also, there is some fading of the plastic fender trim and other trim. Is there a recommended product other than armour all, that will keep it shining?

thanks!

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2005 LR3, and for the life of me, can't find a RECENT thread that has a valid link or source for buying the "Land Rover" letters on the hood!

Also, there is some fading of the plastic fender trim and other trim. Is there a recommended product other than armour all, that will keep it shining?

thanks!

Here you go!

Link: http://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...6085&callout=1&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

And as far as your plastic question goes, here's a thread about it. : http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=3384&highlight=plastic

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Checked the site out but doesn't show u the product lol wat kind of website has pricing but no picture of what I'm buying lol I might as well be blind and go buy a car haha I need the same the hood letters mine are solid black jus like my entire 2005 LR3

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the factory gray LAND ROVER letters, just like the letters on the hood of yours before someone painted them black. If you want them in black, have them painted before you have them installed.

LandRoverhood.jpg

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
No I def don't want them black I was thinking sliver so do I need to buy any lettering or jus paint the black lettering to sliver or grey...

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd buy the new lettering. Tape off the lines and spacing of your old black letters with blue 3M painters tape. Maybe layer the tape so you don't scratch the hood when removing the letters with an emblem remover. (There are no alignment holes) Then remove the old letters one by one with a heat gun and a plastic emblem remover. Also pick up some 3M adhesive remover from your local auto parts store, to clean up the old adhesive's residue. Reapply the new letters. It'll be easier and look more factory than trying to tape off each individual letter and the hood and shoot them silver IMO.

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove old letters using fishing line or similar. Remove residue. Measure according to picture below, tape cardboard onto hood using measurements, then place new "Land' and "Rover" against cardboard and onto hood. Perfect placement.

Last edited:

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics JJVD! That's exactly what I was talking about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635