LR3 - LR4 Transfer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering trading my 05 HSE in for a 12 HSE. I obviously have some upgrades on the vehicle, but I'm not sure what can be transferred over to the 2012 model. For example:

1) Roof Racks: Does not look like they transfer. I'm guessing I may just get some Yakima racks for the roof, anyway. The LR4 rack looks awfully similar to the Yakima.

2) Hitch Receiver: Is the LR3 and LR4 the same? Pics look different.

3) Spare: I have a full-size spare on my current LR3. I'm guessing the LR4 comes with a full size spare. I still have the original doughnut spare. Because I have 19s, i'm guessing the old full size would be fine, if it doesn't come with a full size.

4) Mats. I put rubber mats on my 2005 when I bought it. I still have the carpet versions in storage. I assume they are transferable, including the one used in the trunk.

Thanks for the input.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Everything should transfer over from the LR3. The mats will, but they have different holes for the retainers now. They just aren't in the same place but the coverage will be the same.

The roof rack bars are exactally the same, but the LR4 lacks the roof rails from the factory. The dealer can put them on, or you can. The crossbars have to attach to something, and on the LR4 you have to add the roof rails.

The reciever from the LR3 can be used no problem. It should connect just like the LR4. There are newer styles that are shorter that came out in 2010. It might be worth it to get the newer one if you actually tow anything.

Unless you get the HD package on the LR4, you will get a full size spare on a steel wheel and not a matching19" cast wheel. The standard LR4 spare is the same height as the other tires, but it doesn't match.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering trading my 05 HSE in for a 12 HSE. I obviously have some upgrades on the vehicle, but I'm not sure what can be transferred over to the 2012 model. For example:

1) Roof Racks: Does not look like they transfer. I'm guessing I may just get some Yakima racks for the roof, anyway. The LR4 rack looks awfully similar to the Yakima.

2) Hitch Receiver: Is the LR3 and LR4 the same? Pics look different.

3) Spare: I have a full-size spare on my current LR3. I'm guessing the LR4 comes with a full size spare. I still have the original doughnut spare. Because I have 19s, i'm guessing the old full size would be fine, if it doesn't come with a full size.

4) Mats. I put rubber mats on my 2005 when I bought it. I still have the carpet versions in storage. I assume they are transferable, including the one used in the trunk.

Thanks for the input.

Hey jptruck,

The LR4 does not come with a full-sized spare untill you get the heavy duty (HD) package, which also includes the locking rear differential. You only get the donut spare. But, I can tell you that the 19" spare does fit, as I also switched out my donut spare with a full-sized spare. That's no problem.

I hope that helps! Other folks will chime in as well on the other points.

Best of luck!!!

-David

96_993TT

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2012 LR4 coming from a 2008 LR3. I transferred over the following items without issue.

Expedition Rack from LR (required purchasing the rail kit for the roof which was standard on the LR3)
Rear OEM Ladder
All rubber mats for all rows
Second Traxide/Optima Battery install (subject of another thread)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99