LR3 not accelerating properly....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Had mine fixed under warranty. They said it was a software issue...whatever it was I could tell a difference.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine was fixed under warranty as a software upgrade. But, never quite sure if that truly fixes the problem or if it will revert back to the delay again. It's definitely an improvement over before, but not like driving my '96 Tahoe or wife's '04 Saturn L300.
So, the software piece is definitely one part of the whole puzzle.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried out your procedure, Geo. on a quick test it seems to do the trick! I'll have to buy ya a beer next time we have a chance. Sorry I disappeared last Saturday. My team was on TV and I got sucked into the drama and glued to the TV! They won!

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked. Just keep an eye on it and see how the adaptation changes. Also do not get tempted to do it all the time. Give it about 200 - 500 miles to learn or for next reset, don't ask why. Although you can reset it all the time.

And yeah, we need to get together. We have been missing each other for the last few months.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which adaptations does this affect? Tranny? Are there adaptations for throttle too?

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. I actually am not really sure, but what I know is that it works. Maybe all of the above or just maybe throttle. I will have to look it up to see what really gets reset. Or maybe its just some drive control ECU stuff - not sure at this point.

Charles123

Reaction score
Yeah, mine was fixed under warranty as a software upgrade. But, never quite sure if that truly fixes the problem or if it will revert back to the delay again. It's definitely an improvement over before, but not like driving my '96 Tahoe or wife's '04 Saturn L300.
So, the software piece is definitely one part of the whole puzzle.

OP here. So I took it to the dealer. They did a "software upgrade".... still no difference whatsoever. Little frustrated, but it is what it is.

I cant believe i didn't notice this when i test drove it last year. I would have passed on buying had i noticed.
Oh well, you live and learn....

RoverMike

Reaction score
yeah i have the same issue one mine i own a 2006 lr3 HSE with 49k miles and it does it sometimes when u get to a stop sign, it gives it a kick but only sometimes it will do it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99