LR3 options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jblanco

Can anyone comment on some of the LR3 options I may be interested in:

1. Rear climate control. Is it recommended for equal temperature throughout vehicle.

2. Cooler box. Anyone have it? How do you like it?

3. Adaptive front lighting. Is it worth the extra $450?

Thanks

L

luvmylr3

rear climate control is valuable

I have a 7 seater with Rear Climate Control. Frequently carry 6 or 7 people at a time, passengers like the ability to control temp. Also with all the glass, when it is very cold out understandably coldness comes through, even with only my wife and I in the vehicle I use the Rear Climate Control to create an even temperature throughout.

Depending on where you live, in the summer it maybe even more valuable, again there is a lot of glass (this is a good thing) and the far rear windows do not open so the rear climate control maybe the only way to have good ventilation in the back.

If I had a 5 seaters it would not be as important

Do not have cooler.

L

leonard giordano

I have a cooler and it works very well. The lighting is one option that is very much worth it. I have had three Hummers, one H-2 & two H-1s. I think my LR3 is overall a much better SUV.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had heard the center console cooler wouldn't be available until Spring. My wife really wants one of those... Have you enjoyed it?

M

milr3

Our local dealer has an SE coming in March with the center console cooler and he thought it was available on vehicles now.

M

mjames007

Cooler option no longer available

Ordered a new LR3 HSE in January and have just heard that the cooler box option is no longer available.

S

SteveA

I can't believe all this different information out there about this subject. This just shows how difficult it is to deal with Land Rover. According to my sources (which happens to be our Dealer Rep) the cooler box was originally going to be a late introduction. It turns out that there were a few built in the early batches. The first cars dealers were allocated, we had no choice about. Land Rover said here's what you can have. Due to a supply shortage, the cooler box was not available for some time. We could order it, but we might or might not get it. It has only been recently (Dec. and Jan.) that the box has become available again. So you can imagine what a headache this makes for dealers and customers. Maybe the dealership is telling you that it is not availble knowing that they cannot be sure if you will get it or not. Hopefully your HSE order has not gotten pushed back like all of the orders we have.

Stephen

M

mjames007

Stephen, Thanks for the feedback. We had to order without the cooler box to meet or required delivery date, which we still hope to be in March.

T

toddjb123

>The lighting is one option that is very much worth it.

I had planned on ordering without this. Can you give some more details on why the adaptive lighting is worth ordering?

S

SteveA

Not sure about the adaptive lighting. We have not had one yet, and I'm getting conflicting stories about its availablity. There are actually 2 lighting packages. On the SE, the lighting package includes front foglamps, xenon headlamps and the homelink system (don't ask me why they included that in the "lighting" package). The adaptive lighting on the HSE is different. Although the HSE has the lighting package from the SE as standard, adaptive lighting is the lights that move with the steering.

The lighting package on the SE is definately an improvement. I'll wait and see about the adaptive lights on the HSE. I know that friends say the swiveling headlamps on Lexus is really just a gimick.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635