LR3 roof rack Cross Bars whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who is using Yakima new style fairing. Would that fit to LR3 stock cross bar? I looked at the manual but it looks to fit only to narrow/small cross bar. How about Thule fairing?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my faring is 43" and fits just about perfect between the 2 rails

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have these crossbars and took them off because of the noise. I have an 06 LR3, do I need a 44" fairing or a 43" fairing.

Trynian

Reaction score
I just moved the front bar back behind the sunroof and I really don't hear it much.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@roc999 ... you might wanna check the date of the last post this thread is kinda old 7-27-09 was the last post ..

quickdraw

Reaction score
Does anyone know any secrets to reducing the whistle from the cross bars? The whistle I have is intermittent but happens at speeds over 50 mph. I heard that teflon tape on the back side of the bars may help? Thanks!

Try checking the plastic screws that hold the rack down. One might be loose or needs to be replaced.

quickdraw

Reaction score
Sounds like one of the screws that hold the rack down might need to be tighten or replaced

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9