LR3 roof rack Cross Bars whistling noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is "the velcro thing?"

My old bars didn't whistle, but after I replaced them (hit a low hanging motel cement roof) it now whistled. I found that the rubber insert at the top of the bar had some gaps in it. Slide it around and reduce/remove the gaps and you should be okay. If there is no way to avoid a gap, a little electrical tape wrapped around the bar won't be seen from down below. ;)

quietcoolone

Reaction score
This is an old post, but i'm glad to have found it. No matter how far back i put the crossbars, they would whistle-- even with sunroof closed.
After applying the velcro strip the whistle is now gone.

Thank you.

grecoroman

Reaction score
I tried the Velcro trick. Am I doing something wrong? It definitely helped to reduce some of the whistle, but it is still noticeable after 50mph.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking of trying another piece of soft Velcro on the front portion as well.

2eb1f8002a1c9aa88fd0ce99c2fb1b52.jpg
9e559c649c37e0d28702ed0337c0028d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, turn up the radio or take them off

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try a roof rack, you get a lot of noise even with the wind skirt, I have the Baja Rack, lots of noise from it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635