LR3 Starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddleger

Reaction score
MY 2007 LR3 will not start and the tire monitoring default light comes on. Radio and GPS will not work and car will not start

l2ajput

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue. I have a 2008 lr3 SE. More information on the problem is that on my main dashboard it has --- for temperature and time and some information wont display. Also, the center console which controls the radio, air conditioner, locks ect doesn't have any power. Also, when this first started to happen, my emergency lights came on and due to no power on the center console, i could not turn them off. The first time i turned the car off after this happened, it will not start. It wont even turn over. I checked the voltage on the batter and found that it was 12.3 volts.

Also, my lights/turn signal works, but doesn't show on the dashboard if they are on or not.

I just tried to do a hard reset, didn't work but noticed a new error. HDC system fault, not available.

I also changed the battery thinking this might be the issue, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

AlaskaKaz

Reaction score
Has anyone definitely answered this question?
I am considering a 2007 LR3 that is beginning to do this...faults, not turning over...then randomly coming back. Intermittent loss of outside TEMP and TIME, HVAC shuts off, NAV goes off. Not starting, etc.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad Battery would be my first suspect. See what the voltage is at the battery terminals. A multimeter and Deka 9A94 is your friend.

AlaskaKaz

Reaction score
Thanks. I know the battery, alternator and possibly ignition key (tumbler) was replaced last December. What gets me most - why isn't a code thrown and/or stored???

The most recent guess was a relay they found "loose" near the passenger front air suspension (replaced it) - the ground was checked in a few places... That didn't do it. The nav goes dark, then outside temp and time goes dark, HVAC stops working also. Engine keeps running, after a while the HVAC/NAV/computer can come on then go off again...

Sending to dealer for diagnosis, again. Asking to look at the following:

• ABS ECU
  • TCCM
  • Powertrain Control Mondule
  • EAS ECU
  • Parking brake module
  • Brake light switch
  • Instrument cluster
  • Load test on battery
  • Recheck alternator
  • Steering angle sensor
  • Brake lamp wires
  • T-Case control module
  • Wiring harness
  • CAB bus

AlaskaKaz

Reaction score
Water got into ECU section (behind the battery)?

Doubtful, the engine bay looks as if it's never been detailed or washed. But the battery and alternator were replaced last December - so it's possible? Will have it checked. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM