LR3 suspension problems, how bad is it? replace it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For more details do a search, but basically you remove the cables from the battery and electrically connect them for a few minutes.

fly boy

Reaction score
I did a "hard reset" but it didn't work still not raising, as soon I turn on the engine the suspension is in standard but with the off road icon on, and is not raising at all, then suspension fault alert shows and is the yellow alert is not red but suspension is not working and cant drive it like that is bouncy as hell.

IMG_4914.JPG

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time you find it in Standard height, pull the EAS fuses! Then get an IIDTool so you can figure out what is happening. Otherwise we are all sitting here guessing.

TopCat

Reaction score
You could also save some $ and go with the 4Dcan tool sold by R. Storey Wilson. He also has some good YouTube videos on LR3 troubleshooting and maintenance.

4Dcan software is $150; with the WiFi dongle it's $175. You might be able to get the ELM327 cheaper on Amazon or Ebay.

Might have an air manifold leak. Have patience and you'll find the issue. It's been 4-5 years since I've messed with my suspension, so I don't recall the terms, but the air leaves the air pump and enters a tank. From the tank it's routed to the front and the rear. There are manifold blocks in the front and rear that may leak at the connections. The tubing is plastic, so there's always the possibility that there may be a hole in the plastic, but I'd check the connections at the air shock and the blocks (LR calls it an "air valve"; I just checked). Go to Merriam Land Rover Parts, or another Land Rover dealer with a parts catalog, and look up the air suspension parts and click on "View Part Diagram" for an idea of what parts may be leaking and what the system consists of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72