LR3 Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottlr3

Reaction score
I need to replace the tires on my 2005 LR3 V8SE. Tire size is 255-60-18. I want a good road tire that is all-season (that will get me though snow). The vehicle does not go off-road. A quiet, nice handling tire that gets good tread lifetime would be preferred. I have heard some good things about Kuhmo. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local dealership recommended Toyo Proxes STII

I've had them on for 7000 miles now, and they are fantastic.

Very smooth and quiet ride - fantastic grip in the wet and dry.

The tread pattern is unique, and a significant step up from other manufacturers 'block' patterns.

Can't recommend them enough!

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-st-ii

scottlr3

Reaction score
LR3 Tires

Thanks for the info. and yes, I should have checked some past threads, thanks.

BigArt_LR3

Reaction score
I have the Kumhos. They are excellent!! I promise you won't regret them.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got Pirelli ATRs put on my 2005 SE7 today. I'll try to write back in a few weeks with my thoughts. Previously I had the Goodyears, which are terrible. And, I had the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros, which were great but wore out too fast.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just threw out the Goodyears after 8K miles and put on the Pirelli ATRs. Smooth, quiet and handling seems better but most important they are much better in the rain. Sidewalls appear more rigid, as I just loaded up the LR3 with lots of lumber and the ATR tires looked the same. When I did that with the Goodyears they looked half flat.

farouk1

Reaction score
Agree with PaulLR3; got back from a trip along the KSA / Q border (pls refer my last pic) and all my GY HP's were scarred and bruised beyond any description. I must confess keeping up with a bunch of local drivers on their Cruisers and Patrols was not that difficult, though pretty tricky at times. Am definitely on the look out for less civilised but much rugged shoes. Any councel is welcome. Am interested in the 255 70 18 if I manage to spot one retailing around here. I need the height and 255 is good enough for this sort of terrain.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grumpy early morning reminder: People searching for tires, particularly 18"s, might profit from a bit of reading or searching of this forum before simply asking -- again -- which tire to buy. There are links to reference pages and discussions galore about selections and sizes, even in this very thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4