LR3 Tire Wear Class Action Settlement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you were lucky, Houm. I got a real lemon in my 05, and the issues were all with the tires, alignment and braking system (major, major issues there). They are settling for very little here, which tells you it wasn't a widespread problem, but it was an issue.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I burned through a set of the Goodyears to the cords in the first 3K miles on my early 2006. Had the dealer check the alignment at 1.5K, as the truck handled horribly (tramlining, irratic steering), but they said it was "fine". Could not produce the alignment sheet, however, - very suspicious. Accussed me of putting on old tires and trying to scam them :stupid:. Took it back at 3K spitting fire, insisted they do an alignment. Turned out the truck was grossly out of alighment (camber and toe), and they admitted they never did an alignment at th 1.5K. Bunch of incompetent liars.

Anyway they paid for 4 new ties, which I sold and use to buy AT-S's. The truck went out of alignment very easily, but I made the dealer align it every 6 months for free - was still ******. So no out of pocket for me, but I still think I am entitled to punitive. Go to Marin Land Rover solely now for all procurement and service.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's interesting that LR recommended an alignment at 11,000 miles on my 2012 LR4. Result of this settlement? I think so.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth our time to participate in the class action?

Every time I have gotten these emails in the past for other products, it is almost not worth my time to prepare and pass on the requested information for the amount of settlement they would award me. I'm curious if anyone read the details on this.

The tires did clearly wear way to quickly until they figured out the proper rear end alignment settings. Maybe it was a combination of things, but it always seemed like the rear wore quicker than it should and it was not an even wear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink