LR3 Tire Wear Class Action Settlement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where's the delete button?

Last edited:

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Linky no worky
Server's down
Do you have a summary of the claim?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my letter in the mail today as well

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? It's a heavy ass vehicle...what is expected? That coupled with that most of us run aggressive tires that are shorter in life. I don't agree with a suit. I get 40k out of a set.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CMGRover, I completely agree. A vehicle that weighs nearly 6000 pounds and is full-time all-wheel-drive is going to eat tires. What did this idiot expect...60K miles out of a set of tires like he got on his last Prius? Too bad we have to pay for our legal system to deal with nonsense like this.

When I discarded the OEM Wranglers at 5K miles, I just accepted the fact they were a cheap OE tire that performed poorly in rain. I happily paid for a set of better tires (ATRs). If you can afford this vehicle then you can afford to put on new tires that meet your needs.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't the crappy tires it was the faulty alignment. When I got my first LR3 lease, I even commented on the camber (I think it was camber anyway). They said that they are supposed to sag that way and 15000 miles later I am buying new tires. Some people think this is bullsh*t. I'm inclined to as well, since after fixing alignment the tire wear problems went away.

Looks like I'm not eligible because I didn't replace with OEM tires nor let the dealership do it. Oh well, life goes on...

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with my 2005 LR was with the alignment, tires and ride. It was so bad (and LR was not fixing it) that I paid for it to be done at an independent shop. I had the tires replaced and full alignment done around 5K. I'm guessing I"m due some cash.

FYI, after I had that work done, things were much better. Glad I opened this link.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't agree with you guys. I got 25k out of the HPs and about 80k out of my Michelin Synchrones. EIGHTY THOUSAND MILES!!! ....on the very same truck.

So, while you guys are right that a big heavy truck with a cranky suspension may eat tires more than other vehicles, I don't agree that everyone who forked over $60,000 (or whatever) for their LR3s should just "suck it up" because the OE tires that they came with were garbage. 40k miles would've been acceptable...20k, not so much.

As for Goodyear. I like Goodyear, I run Goodyear MT/Rs and I trust the brand. Hell I'm even a shareholder...and from what I can tell the HPs work pretty well on other vehicles. It just didn't fit the LR3 very well and Land Rover's response to that was unnacceptable and dismissive.

THAT is why there is a lawsuit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM