LR3 Tow Hook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Does LR3 come with front or/and rear tow hook(s)? I don't see any on mine and accessories don't show that option either. How can LR3 be rescued without it (say, from mud)? Thanks - Brian

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are recovery loops behind removable panels on both front and back. The front
one is behind plastic skid plate removed with flat head screwdriver. The rear is above
the receptacle for the tow hitch, also removable with flat head screwdriver. Check your
owners manual Im pretty sure it's in there.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both are hidden

In the front, there is a lower flat plastic panel which is easily removed w/ 7? retainers. The tow hook lives under there.
In the back, the tow hook is in the center bumper face behind a plastic panel held on w/ two retainers.
Both are very sturdy. The manual reccommends to remove both covers prior to going off-road. In mud, I'd especially go for that, because those seven retinaers would be hard to find under goop.
On the other hand, if you use it a lot off road, you just leave it off, or I opened up a space in the front of the panel that you can use to put a quick d-ring or hook without removing the panrl.

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah~~~ I see. Thank you guys! I will look them up tonight. - Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635