LR3 vs Range Rover SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about selling the LR3 and getting into a RR SC... :stupid:

Thoughts?

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the motive to move to a RR SC? If you need power...go for it!

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the motive to move to a RR SC? If you need power...go for it!

Kinda like the Lux of the RR... im kinda a motorhead so a SC just sounds better. :hello: Doesn't have to be the SC version thought. I like my LR3 but I feel they are a bit problematic mechanically.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the RR will be any different reliability wise. They are a bit more plush than the LR3 for sure.

Do you off road much?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you driven the LR4? More lux and more power, if that is what you are looking for.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about selling the LR3 and getting into a RR SC

I'm in the same position as you are. My '05 LR3 is almost at the end of its extended warranty and I want to try to sell it with a little bit left for the next owner. Looking of getting into an '08 RR HSE or a '10 Shelby GT500. Two completely different beasts but I can't decide between them. RR is more plush, proven, and capable; The shelby is mean, fast, and basic. Trouble is, those shelbys are hard to find for even a test drive. I'm sure the RR is going to have its quirks but the later models, 07+, have generally been pretty reliable.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you are. My '05 LR3 is almost at the end of its extended warranty and I want to try to sell it with a little bit left for the next owner. Looking of getting into an '08 RR HSE or a '10 Shelby GT500. Two completely different beasts but I can't decide between them. RR is more plush, proven, and capable; The shelby is mean, fast, and basic. Trouble is, those shelbys are hard to find for even a test drive. I'm sure the RR is going to have its quirks but the later models, 07+, have generally been pretty reliable.

i had a mustang back in high school and subsequently have always had a place for them in my heart. but dang there are a lot of them out on the road. maybe enough to compete with all of the highland park soccer moms driving their FFRR's around dallas.

have you read the reviews on the 2011 shelby? supposedly, it blows the 2010 away, but it would probably be a while before they are even remotely easy to come by and a bit pricier. this was a good article on autoblog http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/27/2011-ford-shelby-gt500-first-drive/ .

by the way dan....are you going out to hidden falls in a few weeks with some of the TX rovers group? i think we are going to make it down.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you going out to hidden falls in a few weeks with some of the TX rovers group

Hell yeah! I saw the thread over at the texas rovers site and I'll be at HF on June 19th. Always have a good time over there, but I won't be able to do the tuff stuff. I'm going to be selling the LR3 soon and don't want to push it too much :wink:. Last time I was there, I put a nice $400 dent in my door from brushing up against a mud wall.

As far the Shelby, yup, I've read that article on autoblog countless times. I'm not too interested in the 100lb weight savings or the skinny stripes on the performance pack with the 3.73 gearing and uprated tires on the 2011 models. However, I have a feeling many shelby enthusiasts are gonna sell their 2010 model and signup for the 2011, leaving some nice depreciation on the 2010's. Right now though, 2010's are still hard to come by and there's only 1 in the houston area last I checked. But who knows, if a nice one comes up with the correct colors/options I want, I may be swayed to go that route instead of the RR. Still debating which route to take.

See ya at HF!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV