LR3 window problems and keyless entry problems!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petedriscoll23

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I bought my 2005 LR3 SE in June and I LOVE it but it has a few annoying problems. My driver side window stopped working yesterday. Since I bought the car I've been having problems with the keyless entry. (US Land Rover)

Problem number 1- my driver side window won't work. All of the other windows work fine but for some reason the driver side just stopped. It didn't slow down or feel weak or anything it just stopped working. I could hear a clicking noise so I took the door panel off and it sounds like it's coming from the motor but I have no idea. I took a video of it.
http://youtu.be/B83txNzOrZs

Problem number 2- my keyless entry works sometimes but most of the time it doesn't. If I hit the key fob on my knee a couple of times it works. It's happening with both remotes, so I don't think it's the battery but I'm drawing a blank. I found the splice in the passenger side floor and it looks fine. I replaced the car battery and the alternator still nothing. I checked the sunroof drain tube where it meets the side of the car on the driver side and it's totally clean and dry. I checked the wiring on the driver side floor and I don't see a splice. It looks like there's white flaky calcium buildup down there but I don't think it's wet. I think the previous owner had the issue fixed. I also took a video of this.
http://youtu.be/O0jVbpoxOlk

Any help would be seriously appreciated!
Thanks!
Pete

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still could be the batteries in the key FOBs, especially if one died a long time ago and the previous owner stopped using it...then the 2nd one died. Might just be time for a new one and then you can try to open up the current one and replace the battery. Not trivial but it's been done. Search this forum and I'm sure you'll find instructions.

As for the window. idk...regulator perhaps? I am not sure if that's an easy DIY job or not. Why not just get a quote from an indy or a dealer service dept?

s3hooligan

Reaction score
My key fob is doing the same thing. My research tells me that either I get out a hacksaw and soldering iron for the DIY or fork out +$200 to the dealer. Neither are great options...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surrender

Reaction score
As for your windows check the fuses in the internal fuse box. Each window has its own fuse.They blow easily

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72