LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

defender_verde

Reaction score
Got my Terrafirma spare tire mount on!

x87qfel.jpg

Oddboy

Reaction score
is that not in center with the vehicle? couldn't that hypothetically cause balance issues?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear-mounted tire carrier was always off-center towards the right on the Discovery, hence the left-side rear window dip.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wish that carrier had existed when I bought my Voyager. Loads of jealousy right now!

EDIT: Have you noticed any issues with the blind spot monitoring? My Voyager carrier's pivot point looks to be slightly more outboard and regularly causes the BSM to shut down due to being obscured.

defender_verde

Reaction score
I really wish that carrier had existed when I bought my Voyager. Loads of jealousy right now!

EDIT: Have you noticed any issues with the blind spot monitoring? My Voyager carrier's pivot point looks to be slightly more outboard and regularly causes the BSM to shut down due to being obscured.

My truck does not have blind spot monitoring. It does mess with the rear parking sensor by the mounting point 75% of the time. I wonder if there's a way to remove that sensor...

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with BSM or back up sensors with the Rijidij carrier.

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/rijidij-rear-tire-carrier.42043/#post-218473

I do like the latch system on terrafirma carrier though

Reaction score
Serious question because I just don't know. Why do folks opt for Compmotives over Steelies? Compmotives look awesome but seem to be much more expensive. Am I missing something when it comes to Steelies? Do they tend to have issues?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serious question because I just don't know. Why do folks opt for Compmotives over Steelies? Compmotives look awesome but seem to be much more expensive. Am I missing something when it comes to Steelies? Do they tend to have issues?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Weight. And rolling weight is worse than sprung weight.

Further, Tuffant lists the load rating of their steelies at around 2,200 lbs, which is about 600 lbs per wheel less than the Compos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut