LR4 Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you purchase the sliding floor from the LR dealer or elsewhere? I am currently looking at a 2011 LR4 and that option is the top of my list.

Thanks!

I bought it from the parts department at my dealer. They price matched another dealer's online price, just without the shipping (it is very heavy). Watch some of the forums or ebay, I see one come up for sale every once in a while. They were a accessory for LR3's, same model number fits both trucks.

Carrera

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. I have the LR4 at my house right now evaluating how well our kids car seats fit.

I know this isn't the right section to ask this question, but any areas I should check while I have it here?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. Assuming you are getting an extended warranty and the tire tread is good. You'll know if something is wrong based on warning lights or driving behavior. If not knocks, groans, wandering, etc. you are good No warning lights, good. If it accelerates scarily fast and stops well for a 5K lb truck. Then no. Not much else you can check.. :big grin: It should drive fast, brake well, and make barely any other noises.

Carrera

Reaction score
My wife has it out right now. No noises, accelerates very well, but breaks are a little heavy. Brand new tires. The only point of contention is that it is out of warranty. I don't know how it has this many miles on it (60k) with virtually no wear in the interior. I have literally looked at three other sub 20k mile LR4s that look very bad in comparison.

So the bad is the warranty. The good is I know the owner of the dealer (non-Rover), they are putting new brakes on it and I can get it $5k under book.

Carrera

Reaction score
I guess it was too good to be true, just crawled under it and found most of the underlying surfaces have rust/corrosion it appears from road salt and chemicals. Checked the back hatch and sure enough those bolts have surface corrosion on them as well. Must have lived its life up north.

AdvGuy

Reaction score
Black OEM Crossbars

Hi guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find some Black OEM crossbars?

my 2013 LR4 has the black pack, black 20" wheels, etc... the satin aluminum bars just won't match...

Thanks!

Gmosley

Reaction score
Dealer added accessories

I ordered a 14 (LUX, HD. VAP, Black Pack) through the overseas program and will have it delivered to a dealer in CA, should arrive early June. I was curious if I should just work with the dealer on accessories like cross rails and side/steps/running boards and ladder, or go a different route once I take possession of the vehicle? I would assume that for these accessories OEM will offer the best fit, but I could be way off, so any advice is appreciated. I should add that I only want the running boards to help my younger kids get in and out of the vehicle. My oldest is 9 and youngest is 2.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 14 (LUX, HD. VAP, Black Pack) through the overseas program and will have it delivered to a dealer in CA, should arrive early June. I was curious if I should just work with the dealer on accessories like cross rails and side/steps/running boards and ladder, or go a different route once I take possession of the vehicle? I would assume that for these accessories OEM will offer the best fit, but I could be way off, so any advice is appreciated. I should add that I only want the running boards to help my younger kids get in and out of the vehicle. My oldest is 9 and youngest is 2.

The OE accessories are very expensive compared to aftermarket and not necessarily any better. It depends on what you need. A lot of us go for rock sliders with a side step so we can go off road, get protection and not bust the steps. The OE side steps won't hold up to off road abuse as well.

The roof rails, again, depends on how heavy duty you want to go. The factory rails are fine and you can put any cross bars on them. If you want a rack, then definitely look aftermarket. I was disappointed in the factory expo rack.

Do a search, you can find lots of the aftermarket options. I have Voyager kit, rack, sliders, ladder. My kids are young, 3 and 4 and they are able to step up on the sliders. They are a bit more of a tube than a flat step, but it doesnt seem to be a problem.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with mbw above - aftermarket is usually the way to go for many of the accessories. I think the exception is probably the rear lamp guards, which are more for looks than anything. I have not found any aftermarket (or metal!!!!) source for rear tail lamp guards. Also, I really like the OEM ladder because it's made well, fits great, and sort of contours the rear curve of the window quite well. With that said, I had a Voyager ladder before and thought it was very sturdy - it just had a few fitment issues for me.

Gmosley

Reaction score
thanks for the OEM vs aftermarket info. The dealer just quoted me prices without labor for the side steps ($1950), ladder ($720), and cross bars ($655). I will take a look at the aftermarket selection before committing. I have used Thule cross bars for years on our other vehicles so we can move skis/snowboards around an they came nowhere near $655. Again, thanks

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV