LR4 Airbag Warning Lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
My late build 2010 LR4 (US Spec) currently displays the airbag warning lamp... which has been on for two days now. Unfortunately, the dealer can't see the vehicle until the middle of next week (hopefully I won't actually *need* the airbags before then). Has anyone experienced this condition?

The only thing I can remember about the warning's first appearance: I had just released the parking brake after starting the vehicle. In the LR3 forums, there were mentions of this error, but Google and a search of this forum have not revealed any clues.

Thanks,
--JR

Redleg Rover

Reaction score
To update everyone... my vehicle has been at the dealer's for over two days and they've told me the entire wiring harness needs to be replaced.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Could the entire wiring harness need replacing to correct this one issue (air bag warning lamp)? Wouldn't I have experienced other issues in addition to the air bag warning lamp?

The dealer has stated that in order to replace the harness, they may have to disassemble the entire interior (removing all panels and seats), a job that could take over a week to complete. Does this sound right? My obvious concern is that once it's taken apart, it'll never go back together again (properly).

--JR

mrtp4

Reaction score
I have never had an airbag warning light... But I am one of the many people who had their whole truck disassembled so the dealer could replace the wiring harness for the 5-camera surround vision system.

So if it makes you feel any better, to do that they basically take the whole truck apart: bumpers off, both front seats removed, interior headliner removed, etc. It took them about 3 full days to complete. But... they got it all back together, looks the same, and now all 5 cameras work. So lots of labor hours, but it might go back together with no problem at all.

... And fixing airbags is probably a better reason to take the truck apart than two dead cameras..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72