LR4 is getting hot inside with breathable car cover on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Srtest

Reaction score
Hi,

Any one have any suggestions to keep the LR4 cool this summer ? The car has breathable car cover installed.
I was thinking of rolling the window 1/4 inch but worried about bugs getting into it.

Does the LR4 have good ventilation with windows closed?

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,

SRTEST

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could tilt the sunroof open and close the perforated sun cover -- have never had bugs come through that while sleeping in it.

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut up two large windshield sun shades making inserts for the two sunroofs and ceramic tint to block the UV's, Las Vegas heat is no joke. I did this on my LR3 and LR4, the wife's Range Rover also has ceramic tint..

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We jacked up the top window tint on our last two LR4s. They let too much light in.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the AC is not set on "recirc" when you shut the car off.
You can also place pool noodles on the roof, before putting the cover on. This creates an air space to reduce the temps in the car.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my Unimog when my daughter was sleeping in the back seat and my wife and I were in the RTT, I'd used window screen attached to magnetic tape that I could just stick onto the outside of the window frames to seal out the mosquitos. Worked great. You could do something similar if the bugs are that much of an issue.

Another thing I've found via measurement: those reflective window screens that you put inside your car? You're much better off getting one oversize and putting it on the outside of the windshield. It's a little more difficult, but measurably reduces the temps inside the car relative to when you put it inside the glass. I made one that just closes in the doors to seat it and keep it in position.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the AC is not set on "recirc" when you shut the car off.
I'm pretty confident the recirculation valve closes when the vehicle is shut down. On my friends LR3 you can hear the valve move when the cars ignition gets cycled, or pressing the button.

I hear mine occasionally too if I don't drive the car for a while.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV