LR4 Long-term Spot Check - Interior Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just saw the inside of a 2011 Cadillac Escalade and it was horrible - the leather was cracking and all worn looking. The guy told me he is meticulous with his cleaning and conditioning and has never had a vehicle so shabby as far as quality.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
american car leather and european leather are not even close in the same quality. I am not sure what they feed their cows over there but we need to start over here.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The leather looks brand new in my 2010. There is no noise, except on very cold days where there is a slight click overhead near the sun roof. Overall, the interior has held up great. A little unrelated to this topic, but my only complaint is that the speakers in the front doors could use a bit more insulation, as they can vibrate with bass heavy music - but that's more of a feature than a defect.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
american car leather and european leather are not even close in the same quality. I am not sure what they feed their cows over there but we need to start over here.

Haha, I think they feed them horses.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
56k miles later and no issues, still looks like new...well except for the dog hair in the back. No issues with the dashboard as previously mentioned by others.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeing a common trend here, LR4 owners have dogs. ;-)

I have two.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine (2010) was delivered in Nov of 2009 and after 36k miles, i can report that the interior looks just like new with no obvious wear and tear. I must say the front floor mats need to be replaced but other than that, well designed interior and it is obvious that quality was considered in the manufacturing. I am very satisfied.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeing a common trend here, LR4 owners have dogs. ;-)

I have two.

I too have a dog who travels in it...along with 5 children. No shortness of abuse in my beast for sure but it stands strong and looks like new.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have a dog who travels in it...along with 5 children. No shortness of abuse in my beast for sure but it stands strong and looks like new.
The dogs were the main reason for getting the LR4 - 4 dogs, about 500 pounds combined weight, the average being pulled down by our little 50 pound ChowChow, plus the occasional foster dog :) Outside of something like a Surburban, the LR4 is one of the only SUVs with a roof line and enough space to hold all our beasts comfortably together in the truck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112