LR4 Maintenence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was mainly amazed at the expense of a complete break job in general. 1994 is the year I last paid someone to work on my car. I paid several grands to replace an engine on a car and I said that's it, I am going to do all the work my self and save money.
What is the shop rate these days? $100 per hour? and they profit 30% on all parts? As long as I don't make $100 an hour at my day job I think I am going to keep doing all the work my self.

I looked up the price online last night. Total for all 4 rotors, pads, wear sensors, all new genuine Land Rover parts for LR4 comes about to be about $600 shipped to my door from a online wholesale shop. A lot cheaper if I go OEM equivalent aftermarket. One Sunday afternoon and I get to save $600 minimum.

I agree shop rates our totally outrageous these days... Most are well over $100 an hour... I think even cheaper shops like Big O are over $100 an hour. It's crazy! But look at gas prices. And bread! Thank speculators running amok in our markets daily for the changes. Anyway, simple things are getting far too expensive. That's great you can do your own breaks. You must admit the prices for Rover parts are pretty reasonable. I think I saw OEM rotors for less than 70 bucks a piece. That's very good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72