LR4 Maintenence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone! I own a 2010 LR4 for excatly ONE year today! I am happy to report no issues! Seriously none! I have 14k on it and these are my observations in regards to maintenence:

1-They say oil change 15k? Throw that OUT the window! I recommend no later than every 10K. I got mine done at 12K and the oil did not look terribly bad but i would have been comfortable a bit earlier. I also had the 15k maintenence tuneup done at 12K which the dealer tried to talk me out of doing. Yeah right!

2-Obviously do not let a machine wash touch your car. Hand wash EVERYTIME.

3-Watch the gas pedal. This thing DRINKS! Just cost me $70 to fill up in NY. That has been the highest ever for me. I find keeping the digital odometer on "instant fuel avg" to remind me when i am going crazy. I find you can let this behometh of a vehicle coast alot of times when i would have been stepping on the gas and still stay in the 25-35mph range.

4-I live in NY with 5 kids so the winter months with the snow and dirt can be ****** to the carpets and mats. I was pro-active and immediately brought the dealer rubber mats for the front and back and these mats are the REAL DEAL. A bit expensive but they cover ALL of the carpet and when i removed them, the carpet was showroom condition. I learned my last lesson on my last truck. Do not let snow and salt touch your carpet.

That's IT! Wild but no fluid ever got low except for the washing fluid. I simply LOVE the truck!

I am still trying to find the perfect way to keep the leather shining on the interior and i am trying to figure out if the dashboard is really made of leather? I know LR offers a special product to use for the leather but i can not believe that is the only thing to use. I also had a detailor tell me i should have a machine buff my truck but i think that it is way too early for that? I am also tyring to figure out how long these tires are going to last. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Land Rover.JPG
    Land Rover.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 258

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey lexman, instead of starting yet another thread i though i'd just follow you here.

Owned my LR4 13 months. Had 30k service this week. I change the oil/filter every 7500

No issues other than pure maintenance although it was quite painful. $$$

The 30k service including the oil change was $514.00. They check everything out, add fluids etc. whatever the list is in the manual.

Had a 4 wheel alignment done before putting on new tires. 130.00

I let them do the tires but ordered them from The tire rack. Pirellis Scorpion ATR 19". They agreed to do the tires for 35.00 each. $140.00, tires delivered 1136.00

Brake sensor went off after i arrived at the place. They must have a lazer that sets it off.....lol Anyway, brakes did feel a bit squishy and they were amazed I got 30k out of them.

I did hesitate to let them do it, knowing i would be paying more than i would if i took it local station, so the service manager said he would like to keep the job in the shop and knocked off a couple of hundred off the bill. Frankly, it was to convienant not to have them do it so i took the loaner and let them do it all. All four brake pads and sensors were replaced. $600.00

Truck is running great, new tires felt fabulous, very quiet.

I enjoy this truck everytime i'm in it, which is alot...lol.

Last edited:

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey lexman, instead of starting yet another thread i though i'd just follow you here.

Owned my LR4 13 months. Had 30k service this week. I change the oil/filter every 7500

No issues other than pure maintenance although it was quite painful. $$$

The 30k service including the oil change was $514.00. They check everything out, add fluids etc. whatever the list is in the manual.

Had a 4 wheel alignment done before putting on new tires. 130.00

I let them do the tires but ordered them from The tire rack. Pirellis Scorpion ATR 19". They agreed to do the tires for 35.00 each. $140.00, tires delivered 1136.00

Brake sensor went off after i arrived at the place. They must have a lazer that sets it off.....lol Anyway, brakes did feel a bit squishy and they were amazed I got 30k out of them.

I did hesitate to let them do it, knowing i would be paying more than i would if i took it local station, so the service manager said he would like to keep the job in the shop and knocked off a couple of hundred off the bill. Frankly, it was to convienant not to have them do it so i took the loaner and let them do it all. All four brake pads and sensors were replaced. $600.00

Truck is running great, new tires felt fabulous, very quiet.

I enjoy this truck everytime i'm in it, which is alot...lol.

Wow you got 30k out of your brake pads! I forgot to mention that my sensor went off and I had to change my pads at 12600 miles which really upset me but i have alot of stop and go traffic. They charged me $712.83 so you really got a good deal on your brakes being done. You have alot of miles on it for 13 months which makes me smile to read no issues for you. That is very rewarding to know. So you got 30k out of the factory tires? That sounds about right and give me guidelines to go on.

I love these forums! :))

harjenmom

Reaction score
Wow you got 30k out of your brake pads! I forgot to mention that my sensor went off and I had to change my pads at 12600 miles which really upset me but i have alot of stop and go traffic. They charged me $712.83 so you really got a good deal on your brakes being done. You have alot of miles on it for 13 months which makes me smile to read no issues for you. That is very rewarding to know. So you got 30k out of the factory tires? That sounds about right and give me guidelines to go on.

I love these forums! :))

I only got 13,500 out of my brakes, complete job $1200. I am so not happy, I've only had the car 9 months!!!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have about 7500 on the clock now and we have only owned it since july. No issues other than a broken windshield at this point.

I'm hopefull on the brakes, but I'm starting to plan now. Anyone know of an aftermarket pad yet for the LR4?

It's really encouraging to hear all the stories of ownership without any major failures. I think I have only seen one guy that has had a major failure with the engine.

Rob

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2011 LR4 for 1.5 months and 400 miles. So far I've had:
  • Blue screen on back-up camera (only happened once)
  • HD Radio hiss/studder problem (happened this morning)
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault (got a message on my Info panel while driving, but it cleared itself during a subsequent drive)
These are all fairly minor, but still unsettling considering I've not driven it much yet. Do love my LR4 though.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just for the tire pressure monitoring system fault message. tried restarting but message remains. will see what happens after a drive tomorrow...

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 - $1200 for a brake job??? amazing... This is the reason I started working on cars my self. I could probably get a set of genuine rotors and pads for few hundreds from online wholesale places, minimum 30% less then local dealer delivered to my door and replace all in one afternoon...

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 - $1200 for a brake job??? amazing... This is the reason I started working on cars my self. I could probably get a set of genuine rotors and pads for few hundreds from online wholesale places, minimum 30% less then local dealer delivered to my door and replace all in one afternoon...

I wouldn't call this terribly expensive, honestly, that's the cost of any break-job, on any car. My wife's BMW break-job is about 1K for all four wheels and my old (departed) 1976 BMW 2002 break-job was over $700. And the break job on my old M3s can run between from 2 to 3K. So I don't find $1200 for a break-job for a Land Rover to be outrageous or anything out of the ordinary. I bet a Honda break-job would be about 1K as well.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I was mainly amazed at the expense of a complete break job in general. 1994 is the year I last paid someone to work on my car. I paid several grands to replace an engine on a car and I said that's it, I am going to do all the work my self and save money.
What is the shop rate these days? $100 per hour? and they profit 30% on all parts? As long as I don't make $100 an hour at my day job I think I am going to keep doing all the work my self.

I looked up the price online last night. Total for all 4 rotors, pads, wear sensors, all new genuine Land Rover parts for LR4 comes about to be about $600 shipped to my door from a online wholesale shop. A lot cheaper if I go OEM equivalent aftermarket. One Sunday afternoon and I get to save $600 minimum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA