LR4 Metropolis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Metropolis looks very sharp...too bad it is black (although that is the reason it looks sharp), can't have another black car due to wretched winters with tons of snow/salt and yuck. Only if I lived in the West coast or Florida:mad:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Metropolis looks very sharp...too bad it is black (although that is the reason it looks sharp), can't have another black car due to wretched winters with tons of snow/salt and yuck. Only if I lived in the West coast or Florida:mad:

They also make a white metro!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Metropolis last week. My first LR4! I went to dealership to lift a pre-owned one and when I saw the new metropolis in the showroom I simply gave up.
In hate to buy cars new because of the huge devaluation during the first year. However i do think that metropolis should command a premium somehow when I will sell it in 2-3 years.
The car looks and drives awesome. Couldn't be happier.
I got about 4% off MSRP. The dealer was very eager to apply max $1,000 off but i guess it was end of month so he gave up after a very long negotiation.

These cars are getting sold very quickly. That day this particular dealer sold 3 in front of my eyes.
Congratulations! Sounds awesome!

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got about 4% off MSRP. The dealer was very eager to apply max $1,000 off but i guess it was end of month so he gave up after a very long negotiation. These cars are getting sold very quickly. That day this particular dealer sold 3 in front of my eyes.

Congrats on the purchase. I decided to buy over the phone, and dialed up all the dealers in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexicao, Californai, Oregon, Washington and Idaho over Memorial Day weekend (39 dealerships for the record). Interestingly enough, almost half the dealerships had 1 Metropolis in stock, whereas the others had either sold them already or they were accounted for by a client. The vast majority of California dealerships were asking $2500 over MSRP, but some were willing to waive that fee and sell at MSRP. My goal was to buy below MRSP, and I purchased the car in Reno, NV for $500 under...

You did well with 4% off. I did not see that kind of dealing on the west coast at the end of May. Nice job!

Enjoy the car. My wife loves ours. ONLY issue is that the roof racks have these cheap plastic covers that lterally "snap on" the front of each rail, and we lost one while driving on the highway. It has two snap points, and it looks like the dealership had broken one of them upon delivery. Off to the local dealer to purchase the part...

-Blake

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2500 over MSRP?....:bandit:

The world must be coming to an end

2011 Metropolis

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 HSE Black Metropolis in Seattle. Sticker price was $57.350. I got it for $53,800. I felt like I got a good deal. I took three days of talking on the phone to get them to come down. If I didnt get a good deal please dont tell me:albertein

NickLR4

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2011 HSE Black Metropolis in Seattle. Sticker price was $57.350. I got it for $53,800. I felt like I got a good deal. I took three days of talking on the phone to get them to come down. If I didnt get a good deal please dont tell me:albertein

Congrats on your new Metropolis(white or black?). If it is brand new than i think you've got an excellent deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM