LR4 Metropolis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is very sharp looking, and I like the smoked-out shiny bit treatment. British Motor Cars in SF has a few in inventory, and pics on their Web site. If you want info on specs, it is called the Landmark edition in GB, and they have the specs on the LRUK site.
Do you live in the SF Bay area? I am in San Carlos and saw one at Lzr of San Jose. Redwood City does not appear to have one. I saw one in February when I took delivery of my LR4 and it was really nice. I just don't know why they didn't Lux it out. My dealer said they don't sell because for the price people want all the Lux features.

eastLR4

Reaction score
Whenever I get my white LR4 - the grill and side vent will be done in black, probably semi gloss or flat, not shiny though. Also the LAND ROVER on the front will be done in black and the rear I'd shave off (HSE/LR4 logos). I do love the look of the metropolis edition (save for the rims)!

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever I get my white LR4 - the grill and side vent will be done in black, probably semi gloss or flat, not shiny though. Also the LAND ROVER on the front will be done in black and the rear I'd shave off (HSE/LR4 logos). I do love the look of the metropolis edition (save for the rims)!

I would be more than happy to buy your rims or trade you for my 19" HSE LUX wheels. Matter of fact, I'll put new Michelin latitude tours on them for you wheels/tires.

eastLR4

Reaction score
I would be more than happy to buy your rims or trade you for my 19" HSE LUX wheels. Matter of fact, I'll put new Michelin latitude tours on them for you wheels/tires.

I didn't know I was going to swap out my rims?

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought you meant you like all but the rims.

eastLR4

Reaction score
Oh I thought you meant you like all but the rims.

I actually don't like the Metropolis rims but I'm not going to buy the Metropolis version since it seems like they're hard to come by and also command a hefty premium. I like some of the accents on those (black trim) but that's more of a DIY type of mod. I was actually looking into these rims that I believe are stock on the RR supercharged... but since it's eBay I'm not sure if I can trust them with quality, etc:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300494761531

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased one from Reno, NV over Memorial Day. Wife and I really love the car. Perfect winter commuter car for us!

-Blake

eastLR4

Reaction score
Just purchased one from Reno, NV over Memorial Day. Wife and I really love the car. Perfect winter commuter car for us!

-Blake

pics?

My dealer has one and is trying to sell me that since its the only black interior model LR4 in stock.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on a business trip through next Friday, but will be sure to post pics when I get home. Wife loves the car. It is a real looker... We were originally looking for a Lux with ebony interior, and found that difficult to find. There are lots of these Metropoilis cars out there right now...

-B

DefenderNYC

Reaction score
Got my Metropolis last week. My first LR4! I went to dealership to lift a pre-owned one and when I saw the new metropolis in the showroom I simply gave up.
In hate to buy cars new because of the huge devaluation during the first year. However i do think that metropolis should command a premium somehow when I will sell it in 2-3 years.
The car looks and drives awesome. Couldn't be happier.
I got about 4% off MSRP. The dealer was very eager to apply max $1,000 off but i guess it was end of month so he gave up after a very long negotiation.

These cars are getting sold very quickly. That day this particular dealer sold 3 in front of my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM