LR4 Metropolis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas911

Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone know of this model? I see it on my dealer's inventory but info at landrover.com? Anyone have this model? Thanks!

MMC2488

Reaction score
It only comes in Fuji White. And only 300 for NA. That's all I could find.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is very sharp looking, and I like the smoked-out shiny bit treatment. British Motor Cars in SF has a few in inventory, and pics on their Web site. If you want info on specs, it is called the Landmark edition in GB, and they have the specs on the LRUK site.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is very sharp looking, and I like the smoked-out shiny bit treatment. British Motor Cars in SF has a few in inventory, and pics on their Web site. If you want info on specs, it is called the Landmark edition in GB, and they have the specs on the LRUK site.

That's funny, I was just checking out BMC today and noticed they had two of them in stock. :tongue:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it also comes in black too. there is one here at the local dallas dealership.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what is different about the Metropolis, but the name itself is a turn-off. It seems to imply some showy city SUV, where as I want a rugged off-road capable SUV (that's still luxurious, of course!).

Last edited:

geoellis

Reaction score
I've got a Metropolis. Picked one up for my wife in late December. It very well may have been the first one on the road here in the U.S. If you're looking for a unique trim combination, then it's a nice package. The Fuji White is a nice color and it's contrasted with the shiny black trim at the door handles, grill, air vent and mirrors. Plus, the 20" wheels have black accents as well. The headllights have LED accents. The interior has black leather with white stitching and piano white trim located where the wood trim would typically be located. It's well optioned as is, but lacks some of the features in the Lux models such as ambient lighting, xenon headlamps, etc.

My wife instantly loved it when she first saw it and quickly abandoned her plan to get the Mocha color after jettisoning the LR3. I didn't like the look at first as it seemed rather like car bling to me, but it's grown on me and I think it's a very smart combination. As the name suggests, it will be more attractive to those who drive their LR's in the concrete jungle.

Last edited:

macdaddy548

Reaction score
Sounds like we had the same experience as geoellis (above). We went to our annual new car show - with little intention of buying a new car. My wife spotted the Metropolis edition and fell in love with it on the spot. We had looked at several similarly sized vehicles before the LR4 - but the significant upgrades in the LR4 coupled with the uniquiness of the Metropolis sealed the deal. She saw it on Friday afternoon. She was driving it on Tuesday! Loves it.

stxbower

Reaction score
The Metropolis Second Release Was Done In Black.

As Well As The Sport Gt.

Both Are Available In Albany, Ny

rdr8r

Reaction score
Yes. I'm picking up mine from the dealer either today or tomorrow. What do you need to know? I do wishi it had the other options in the LUX package -- variable assist lights, cooler, interior lighting, memory seats....don't know why LR didn't include these and make this the top model. That said, it's a very cool look. For those who want all the features of the HSE LUX version, simply buy it in what ever color you want with all the Metropolos options (sin seat stitching combo) and puchase the diamond cut wheels. A little expensive using that tact, but the only way you're going to get all features and the look of the Metropolis styling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM