LR4 stereo issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad White

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 2010 LR4 that has had stereo issues for quite some time.
Initially the screen would go out and then come back on. For the last year, it has decided to not come on.
In an attempt to repair it myself, I tore the dash down, removed the screen and unit attached and replaced it from a known good vehicle. That didn't work.
I have now replaced the CD player/stereo portion of the stereo system (both components had water marks on them) and now I get something on the screen..."Range Rover" is displayed when the vehicle is started now.
I am not able to get past this screen and wonder what my next steps would be.
Do I need to take it to a dealer? (hope not)
Is there a way I can "flash" the units to work with my vehicle?
I have an IID tool if that helps.
Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Chad White

Reaction score
Update:
I was able to swap the original "head unit" back into the LR4 and now I have the same issue but with the correct Land Rover screen frozen. In the madness of troubleshooting, I suppose I got hold of a Range Rover head unit.
Still frozen...Doing a hard reset now.

Chad White

Reaction score
Update for those interested.
Hard reset made no difference.
I’m now getting a fiber optic failure alarm when looking in my IID tool.
I’ll try to track down which component isn’t receiving or sending the light

99d2td5

Reaction score
Is the fibre most ring working and every item in it? If any module faults and breaks the ring the head unit generally freezes.
do you have factory Bluetooth? I have had troubles with that module effecting everything else on the ring. When I bypassed the fibre connection to it using a fibre bypass plug everything worked fine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA