LR4 Timing Chain repair questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are silent too a 200k kms. Frankly as a 2010 it is now old enough that if and when the time comes I will either just sell it to a motivated buyer who wants a mechanics special bargain or do it myself at a leisurely pace as a hobby in the garage. It's days of daily driver duty is quickly coming to an end and once the vehicle supply reaches normality it will be replaced on daily drive duty with something frankly more efficient.

thanks for your advice, but I am capable enough to make decision whether to keep this car or get a new one

BTW, I like NA and BOF

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are. If you aren't doing the work yourself and you want to do a quality job of tensioners and chains it will be $5k us minimum. A dealer will probably bend you over $10k. Other parts? plugs and clean/replace injectors and the seals. Crossovers too if they have not been done.

LR won't do anything for you on a 2010. It's 12 years old.

jackkyxu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you are. If you aren't doing the work yourself and you want to do a quality job of tensioners and chains it will be $5k us minimum. A dealer will probably bend you over $10k. Other parts? plugs and clean/replace injectors and the seals. Crossovers too if they have not been done.

LR won't do anything for you on a 2010. It's 12 years old.

if you go through other same-topic discussion threads here, people get job done for 2-4K changing the tensioner and guide at reputable indie shop, at least in MD and NY.

have you heard about the AJ133 settlement? it covers 2012 model, It's 10 years old

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go through other same-topic discussion threads here, people get job done for 2-4K changing the tensioner and guide at reputable indie shop, at least in MD and NY.

have you heard about the AJ133 settlement? it covers 2012 model, It's 10 years old

Yes, that is why you won't get anywhere on a 2010 that is 12 years old. I guess you could start your own case covering the 2010 and 2011. I mentioned tensioner, guide and chains for $5k. You could do a cheapie tensioner/guides but I would be inclined to replace the chain and sprockets if you are in there.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5-7 was what this guy was charging for a full meal deal with all the extras.

m62e38

Reaction score
The LR4 and BMW do not share engines. You are thinking of 2003 to 2005 Range Rovers, or the V8 in the new 2023 Range Rovers.

The 5.0 or SCV6 engines in LR4 are used in Jaguars.

That in mind, changing fuel injectors along with the timing chain job is a recommended procedure as you've got to remove the fuel injectors to do the full job.
Cheers! Your Limey products always were somewhat disorganized.Good luck with that!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV