LR4 to use Ford Eco Boost V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slammer

Reaction score
Ford is into using twin turbos. They do the same with their diesels.

ByGuile

Reaction score
I am loving the Jag power plant in my LR4. Strong and quiet, and my MPG is closer to 20 than it is to 12.

If anything needs to change it is to the Diesel.

Give me the Diesel!

netstalker

Reaction score
The only advantage Ford would have is cheap maintenance. Super cheap oil changes etc. But I prefer the Jag motor

ralph15

Reaction score
They are all Ford motors. I had my XK in for service at my Jag/LR dealership and asked the mechanic about the new Ford 5.0 and Jag/LR 5.0. He said they were pretty much the same, after all Ford builds them both. The 4.4 diesel going into the european RR's was designed for the Ford F-150, and is built at the same plant the 6.7 new Ford diesel is built.

slammer

Reaction score
They may all have the Ford emblem, but some 5.0's for the Mustang are made in Ontario. The F150 has theirs made somewhere else. The Land Rover's are made over the pond.
The F150 and Mustangs have different intakes, different oil filter locations on the engine blocks, different style oil filters and differing horsepowers. Otherwise they are pretty much the same? Lets keep ours made overseas.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9