LRJ Technical Center NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLR Technical Academy NJ

Hello

I just took a test of a '10 LR4 LUX - seemed solid and only 23k (NY owner - its now located in TX as it went to auction)

I stopped into the local LR dealer and had them look up the VIN to see the history and if anything need immediate care. Just the video camera update.

Here is the deal :)creep:)

This was a JLR technical training academy vehicle. The service advisor said he had never actually seen one in the area before, but knows that they usually keep the rig about 4-6 months and use it for training. The training program is the technicians and educate them how and where to find things for service calls. Basically take stuff apart and put it back together like finding modules etc.

Anyone heard of this - should I run from the deal?

Non LR dealer selling vehicle - 23k - female owner from NYC. Quite clean indeed and has RSE. LR warranty good until Aug '14. She didn't take it in for the free 15k service BTW.

Drove it for about 2 hours on Saturday and seemed to run fine except for some brake squealing every now and again. I was playing with the air suspension until I received a transmission fault error in the display :stupid:

So if this is the LUX is there a LUX Plus for 2010 and if so, what is added? (just curious)

BTW dealer asking 45,888

Any and all feedback welcome.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, if you're in the market for a used Land Rover and any other premium brand, look for something certified and from a good source. Trying to save a buck here and there can be hugely costly down the road. I can't help but to ask, but is there a shortage of used Land Rovers out there that are forcing people to seek them from non-LR dealerships with faulty issues, poor maintenance, and God knows what else… and from some of the highest risk channels such as auctions? Eek.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% with Count in his statment above.

I would NOT purchase any used Land Rover vehicle unless it was certified from the dealership. Period.

I am sure there are great deals out there on awesome vehicles, but I just don't risk it.

-David

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Ontario right now there are only 10 for sale on autotrader.ca and of those only maybe 3-4 are from dealerships. So I would say there is a very-very limited number of used ones for sale.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I agree as well on the CPO thing, as I've slept on it. :)

I agree on the somewhat limited aspect. When I stopped into LR Dallas they had zero LR4's and said as soon as he gets them they are gone.

I'll keep hunting for the right one, CPO'd.

I'll continue LR hunting for now...:creep:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM