LS SWAP - Yeah... Really

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this new defender is not my cup of tea....I am going to be floating this LS3 swap option in a couple years. And with him being 2 hours away it makes it perfect.

Same...

I have a hard time getting rid of cars even when I don't need them. I could see myself having a Defender(if it hits the mark) and keeping the LR4 and getting a swap done.

It would be great to pair the ZF8HP70 transmission up to a V8 engine and get the best of both worlds and not have to listen to all the 2013ers out there. ;) Looks like it will handle up to 700 nm of torque(or 516 ft-lb) which should be just right for a NA LS3.

I sure hope he has this on lock and is still doing them in 5 years or so when I would consider doing it. Still only at 40k miles and inside my warranty.

Willi

Reaction score
Now, the question I need answered: Can I fit a Cummins V8 diesel with the 8-speed gearbox? Maybe downsize to a V6....
Get the reliability and lifetime of a diesel beast with the 8 gears comfort and hopefully the amazing terrain response...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So for anyone who is looking for more power...or has a dead engine...there are options!!! I reached out to him and he is more than willing to talk about it.

Have him sign up here and post about it. :)

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread b/c I have no interest in the Defender and the whole LS swap is fascinating to me. Wondering if anyone has seen/heard any more details/advances on an LS swap. Our LR4 is still very low miles (36,000) and we extended the warranty another four years, but I could see me doing this when it moves from my wife's kid hauler to my overlander in four more years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV