LT 285/65/18 Cooper Discoverer STT pro all terrain

Discussion in 'LR3' started by Drome, Dec 22, 2018.

1. MrMOB_D4

MrMOB_D4 Member

Do you have any pics of the ST Maxx on your rig? One the market for tires and just wanted to see what they look like installed. Can’t seem to find any good pics of them. I’ll be getting the 265/65r18 size. Which according to tiresize.com it runs 31.87” and weighs a hefty 57lbs. Any drop off in mpg?

2. m_lars

m_lars Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Honestly I quit checking MPG awhile ago. If it took a hit it was minor. I’ll try to remember to check what the dash says tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMOB_D4 likes this.
  3. MrMOB_D4

MrMOB_D4 Member

Thanks for the pics! Great looking rig. I’m pretty much dead set on these tires. I know I’ll take a little hit but it’s not going to affect my decision. Thanks again.

4. m_lars

m_lars Active Member

Body lift. No one was talking about 34” tires, spacers and body lift. But when I suggested a body lift might be superior to your spacers all of the sudden I owned the body lift idea. You called the spacers the only true lift for the LR3, won’t it sit at the same height with them installed unless you adjust “normal” height via your self described BS methods? The height sensors don’t know or care that there is a spacer above the strut.

By your rationale if I have a Tacoma, buy 1” taller springs and add 3” taller tires I’m lifted, but not if I do the same via electronic trickery on my Land Rover?

It’s all in your tone man. If you quit sounding so condescending it would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Richie04

Richie04 Member

Again, many thanks to all for all the great info on tires and sizes. Looks like the 265/70/18 will work OK.