Lumbar Support 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

Insider

The 2006 LR3 HSE does not have Lumbar support.
The factory requested an enhanced Airbag which took up additional 'real-estate' in the seat. The factory is active in looking for a technical solution so that both lumbar can co-exist with newest Airbag.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably should have posted in the existing thread. http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2399

What a screw-up... though I don't think I believe that explanation. Can their engineering and seat manufacturing partner be that pitiful? (They somehow can do it in '06 Range Rover Sport!)

So, why are North America LR3s the only ones that have been reported without adjustment so far?

And I guess this means recent 2006 LR3 owners are screwed. Obviously, they won't "upgrade" (replace) the seats for existing owners if they ever add it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hardwaredan

I sent an email about the lumbar issue to Land Rover two weeks ago with out any formal response other than they had r'cd my message.

I'm in a quandry as my lease on my YukonXL 4x4 is up mid December...it's time to place an order for a new vehicle...I'm sure the factory will not have the issue solved by then...I guess I'll save $15k and get another Yukon. I have driven a 2005 HSE and it was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sgllr3

Strange.

I went to the local salesrep, sat in an LR3 06, it had manual lumbar support.
I asked the rep what she knew about the lumbar support presence/absence issue, and she had no idea what I was talking about.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgllr3... some have seen earlier 06s with Lumbar adjustment (V6 or V8 SE), but I've never heard of a '06 LR3 in HSE trim with it. (Possibly because HSEs may not have been built in the earliest '06 cycles for North America.)

I wish someone would know the story behind the electric lumbar controls shown in the '06 documentation... was this the original plan, or a total mistake? Gotta love Land Rover...

L

lmonterz

I'm waiting for my new LR3 HSE MY06.
Since I worried about the possible lack of the lumbar support I went to the reseller to investigate.
All the LR3 sold in Italy have lumbar support! Lumbar support was present also in an LR3 HSE made in August and present in the shop.

Best Regards,
Luca

X

xcursion

My 2006 HSE is equipped with lumbar support (haven't try it yet thou) It could be because of the different markets have different equiptments. But it's weird that they left out this feature in their biggest intended market.

Xcursion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM