Maximum elevation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yacov

Reaction score
Hi I AM trying to use Maximum hight (after the offroad hight ), reading the manual and I did not succeed. Can someone advise?

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean extended mode?

It's not driver selectable. The truck only does it utomatically when the conditions require.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to try it out, place a jack stand under the frame and lower your rover onto it (Just hit lower on your suspension). There's a couple YouTube videos on people doing this. Just search extended mode/super extended mode.

99d2td5

Reaction score
Extended mode should/will automatically activate when the engine is running and the car senses less weight than expected on one of more wheels. eg you have bellied out and on or more wheels are not firmly on the road.

For info, another way I have found to trick the system to go into extended mode is by selecting off road height (let it raise up to off road height) and jacking up one corner while the motor is running. It will enter extended mode when the wheel begins to lift off the surface.

I found this out when I staked a tyre in the outback late spring (was around 46 degrees). I chocked the other wheels and left the car running to keep the ac going for the fridge while I changed the wheel. As soon as the Jack began to lift the vehicle it started increasing height to extended off road mode.

I have tried it since to make sure that was what happened and it is repeatable.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day 99d2td5, It sounds like you're an Aussie like me - we're in the minority on the forum with our
diesels. I've never tried extended mode - sounds useful. But when does the vehicle lower again to
offroad height? Staking a tyre in 46 C is never fun. What brand do you run? I run BFG KO2's for their
very tough sidewalls as they're good at resisting staking. Punctures never occur in convenient places.
Did you have any difficulty removing the spare & reloading the flat? When Kaymar fitted my steel rear
bumper & wheel carrier they had real problems getting my spare down on the winch. I'm glad I hadn't
needed it in the bush. The spare's now easily accessible on the carrier & I then fitted a Brown Davis 110
litre aux. fuel tank - both are great pieces of gear.
I'll go out now & try that extended mode trick!!

99d2td5

Reaction score
Hi RobRover88,
It gave me advisory warnings in the info on the dash and I think went back down to normal off road height at a lower speed than normal off-road height returns to normal. I don’t recall the actual speed as I was on the gibb river road and a little hot by the time I got going again.

I have the D4 SDV6 HSE fully loaded including the factory diff locks. When I upgraded from the TD5 to the SDV6 I wasn’t up to speed with the 19” wheel and brakes issue. Once I started to set it up, for whatever reason (mainly $$) I didn’t go down the path of 18” compomotives with BFGs and picked up a set of 5 20” rims already fitted with 265 50 20 Nitto terra grapplers. They go ok but are no way near the BFG KA 02 I was running on the TD5 and with the lower profile don’t bag out too much when running reduced pressure off road.

Interestingly with the high day time and track surface temperatures versus the low in the evening / night I had to continually check pressures as they were then too soft first thing and then too hard after half hour or so. Unfortunately I staked it fair and square centre of the tread destroying the tyre.

Regarding the spare underneath, yes the 20” 265 fit and the winch works ok with them. Given trip preparations etc I always carry at least 2 spares for the car and had the second one in the off road camper so didn’t need to get underneath for the rear spare.

I still run stock front and rear bumpers for weight saving however do have upgraded underbody protection.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can achieve this manually with the IID Tool or else instal a hardware bypass from the Italian company Mudtech called Anitas. I am 99% sure that an Aussie bypass of the sort also exists. Anitas will cost you in the area of EUR 600.

Rene Koesler

Reaction score
I've been told you can put the truck in park, raise it to full height, then put your foot on the brake and hit the "raise supension" button for 30 seconds and it'll lift? Haven't tried that yet, but who knows?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told you can put the truck in park, raise it to full height, then put your foot on the brake and hit the "raise supension" button for 30 seconds and it'll lift? Haven't tried that yet, but who knows?
The truck already needs to be in extended mode. Then you get “super” extended mode as some people call it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut