Michilin, Goodyear or Nokian? (19")

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...We live in Florida- lots of heavy rain and sandy trails. I’m looking at the Michelin Premier LTX, but worried if I should consider something a little more AT friendly. We like to go up to the mountains in NC, and we do find ourselves in some off-road situations when there. My husband is looking at the Falcon Wildpeak AT3, and I’m wondering if anyone has thoughts on those? Trying to get a plush highway ride that we can take off road.
I've run several set of Michelins on my LR3 and LR4 over the years. They last long and ride smooth, but I liked a little more tread... which is tough to find in 19" tire options but there are a lot more options out there than there used to be.

I run similar terrain as you described and I've been happy with Nokians mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I'm on my second set. You can get them from tiresbyweb (I think that's it) and have them shipped to your local shop.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have a hard time running Nokians while living in Florida lol.
I thought of that little snowflake on the tire also... :) but does it really matter? It's an all season tire. They just note that it's good for ice and snow, doesn't mean it's designed for only that.

Anyway, I use mine on sand and roads as Allison described and I like the performance over Michelins. It's a good tire.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U can run WRs in Florida as i run them in july and August NY summers. But id go michelin defender down there. I run the defenders on my escalade and 2011 hse SC and they last longer than the premiers.

Reaction score
So I think based on the feedback from everyone, I’m between the Falken wildcat AT Trail or the Nokians. Sounds like either would be a good balance between what I want (comfort and quiet), and what the Mister wants (off-road capability and more aggressive look). I think I’ve been talked into looking past the Premiers at this point.

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think based on the feedback from everyone, I’m between the Falken wildcat AT Trail or the Nokians. Sounds like either would be a good balance between what I want (comfort and quiet), and what the Mister wants (off-road capability and more aggressive look). I think I’ve been talked into looking past the Premiers at this point.
\

Have been revisiting all these tire threads. I have a set of Cooper S/T Maxx hybrid AT/MT tires that were great for a long off-road trip but are too noisy for in-town life. Am also kind of narrowed down to the Wildpeaks - any updates @Allison McCowan ?

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been using the wildpeak at trails on my lr4 for a little over a month now. they are as quiet as any street-only all season, no noticable noise with windows up or down. and they handle excellent in rain and through somewhat deep puddles. haven't had a chance to use in snow yet.

dlonesty

Reaction score
I use Bridgestone Dueller Alenza Plus. I go off road some but put a lot of highway miles on my truck. When off road, I deflate them some and am all good.
This is my 2nd set. I got 75000 miles on the last set.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What of these new Toyos?
Capture.PNG
Pretty beefy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV