MODE button on steering wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed this week that not all the input's are available via the MODE button on the steering wheel. I only have options of SAT, AM and CD. As I go thru the selections I do not have FM or AUX as an option

I have been searching and have not found an answer. Does anyone know if the MODE button can be programmed to add FM and AUX? Or is this a feature? :biggrin:

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah...I have you beat. Mine only jumps from CD to FM. I guess I never noticed because its always on AUX for my xm and ipod

Trynian

Reaction score
Should be, mine does Radio, AM or FM depending on where last left it before you hit the mode button, CD and then either Aux or SAT depending on where you last left that in. I think it talks about it in tha manual also.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! I looked in the manual but did not see anything:confused: Will have to look again. Do you know if there is a way to change the mode settings?

Trynian

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses! I looked in the manual but did not see anything:confused: Will have to look again. Do you know if there is a way to change the mode settings?

You are right, I checked it. There is actually another Audio Sytem only manual that mentioned a little but no real detail.

I have the hi-line audio unit and I double checked it and I was off a bit, it works like this.

Whatever the last radio band selected FM1 or 2, or AM1 or 2 the steering mode button will go to it, then to CD, then to SAT1 or 2 which ever selected. I have sat radio activated so I don't know what it does if it is not.

To go to Aux you have to hold down the mode button for a couple seconds.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Sport, the Mode button scrolls through AM1/2 or FM1/2 (but not both), CD and SAT1/2. If I keep it pressed for a couple of seconds on any mode it switches to AUX - which is where I have my iPod going. Anyway, thanks to Land Rover's notoriously wonderful ergonomics that thing is maybe 3-4 inches away from the actual head unit's source buttons that do the same thing, only faster and better :wink:, so the Mode button doesn't see much use on my steering wheel. The only ones that see less use are the stylish and skinny horn buttons, which I'd like to use more... But I'll be damned if I can find them when I really need them (in an emergency.) :mad:

Last edited:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob , you gave me an idea! I have not tried to hold down the MODE button for 3 or more seconds to see what happens! Will have to try that later tonight! Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo