Mouse Stored Kibble Inside My LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
A mouse decided to store dog food kibble inside my LR3. Not in the cabin but inside the quarter panels. I can hear it shaking around when I hit a speed bump or take a turn quickly. He also put it on top of the engine and inside the hood but I was able to extract those pieces. Has anyone had experience removing dog food kibble from inside their LR3 quarter panels??? Too bad our cat was taken by the neighborhood fox!!! We never had these problems when he was on duty. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Cheers!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are fairly solidly assembled panels, and hard to get into. If you were to remove the plastic inner wheel liner, you might get a vacuum in there and suck it out.

It's quite a hassle either way..

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water soluble?

I imagine the dog food is water soluble; hence once spring comes, lot of water flushed in there may get rid of most of it.

With mice, the real concern is corrosion due to *****. This can be a real problem with small aircraft where mice nest in the wings and fuselage.

Lots of water flow is about all you can do where you cannot get inside to brush on ***** neutralizers.

And yes, new kitty is needed to guard your 3. I have heard of dogs called fox hounds - may also be an idea.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=foxh...pMcnsoATmlIGgDQ&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1166&bih=831

Reaction score
Thanks for the input so far. I should have been more clear. The damn critter did not actually deposit the kibble inside the sheet metal but rather inside the cabin behind the storage panels. I think I need to disassemble the cargo interior to get to the offending dog food. Is there an exploded view of the panels that explains the disassembly process?

We do have a 200lb English Mastiff but he is afraid of the mouse. That whole gentle giant thing is true... ; -/

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean where the glove box is?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain...our LR4 has been in the shop for 2 weeks since the washers stopped working. I got the low washer fluid warning, poured in a gallon only to find it on the garage floor.

Dealer determined that a mouse chewed through all the washer hoses including the headlights, windshield and back window hoses. Dealer does not stock these parts since they almost never fail, so they are on their way from the factory.

And my wife recalls seeing a mouse fleeing from our garage one night when she was pulling-in the LR3.

Apparently Rain-X washer fluid = mouse Gatorade.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mouse thing is very common in Australia for some reason, but I haven't heard about it in the US much. Maybe they can wipe hot sauce on the parts before they re-install.

Reaction score
Considerate Mouse

So thanks to Bruce for sending me the pdf files showing how to dismantle the interior panels in the rear cabin.

As I began the disassembly I decided to pound on the interior panels so as to identify the offending dog kibble location before I started tearing apart the interior. I am delighted to report that the damn mouse elected to store the kibble in the panel that houses the rear interior light on the roof just inside the rear hatch. That panel just snaps in and came out with ease! A quick vacuum and problem solved.

So here's to a mouse that elected to use the easily removed rear ceiling lamp panel and not inside the quarter panel interior panels!!!

Cheers!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some people live right

I am a bit puzzled why a mouse would choose up there as a warehouse but never having been a real fan of Micky, I guess I still have things to learn.

That upper panel is a lot easier to remove than those rear inside quarter panels, that is for certain.

We all appreciate the update as it is nice to know how a problem gets resolved.

Now, about a cat ....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112